• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ties70

Guys,

I thought I might spare you the grumpy old man in the elevator this morning and give you just the jacket:

gw_aero_20062018.jpg

Hard to see: The stitching is in OD thread...

gw_aero_od.jpg

Best regards,

Ties

Last edited:

Pilot

Guys,

I thought I might spare you the grumpy old man in the elevator this morning and give you just the jacket:

gw_aero_20062018.jpg

gw_aero_od.jpg

Best regards,

Ties

Great jacket! and you are too modest...surely great fit as well!

Lorenzo_l

Guys,

gw_aero_20062018.jpg

gw_aero_od.jpg

Best regards,

Ties

Jesus, that's one sweet-looking A-2, Ties. Wear it in good health.

Grant

Bitchin jacket. That's one of the finest Aero repro A-2's I've seen. Looks almost identical to my original Aeros.

Brent

Well nice Aero, but what about the shirt and the shoes? You completely missed the shoes. ;-)

Regards,

Garylafortuna

A beautiful A-2 indeed Ties. Congrats. Considering the circumstances under which originals were made, I am convinced that even when they were issued new they were not as beautiful
as some of the repros made today. I am also convinced that all those elevator photos are but one picture altered by Photoshop to show different jackets, shirts, shoes, etc. I'm serious.

ties70

A beautiful A-2 indeed Ties. Congrats. Considering the circumstances under which originals were made, I am convinced that even when they were issued new they were not as beautiful
as some of the repros made today. I am also convinced that all those elevator photos are but one picture altered by Photoshop to show different jackets, shirts, shoes, etc. I'm serious.

Shoot, you got me!!

For real, all these pictures were photoshopped. The original pic shows me wearing a baby blue satin track suit...I just change the colours, add some pockets, reduce the photo quality....and you guys are instantly fooled into believing that the pictures were taken on different days, with different jackets.

In times of "Fake News" you are so easy to distract by my "A2-levator - Conspiracy" ;)

Here, this time I have even pasted myself into a different elevator:

gw_dubow_parking.jpg

Different knit colour, stretched the length a little bit...voilá, the AERO becomes a Dubow.

Best regards,

Ties

Smithy

That Dubow is really nice Ties and if you don't mind my saying fits you even better than your Aero. A great looking jacket.

ties70

Smithy,

I think you are right. The AERO is a looser fit, and - combined with the shorter torso so characteristic for AERO - it looks as if it is a tad too short in the front and kind of "bulging out"....especially with denim. If I wear chinos, the jacket looks different..

Ties

ties70

Hey Greg,

what a cool combination: Even the elevator is retro ;)

I was always wondering how many of us think that they dress kind of "special"...only to notice that somewhere on the other side of the world somebody else looks basically the same.

Maybe we were cloned? Maybe these elevators are really....replicators?!

gw_dubow_parking_2.jpg

Best regards,

Ties

Greg Gale

well, your elevator is getting more and more suspicious, I see it can travel across cities?! :D

I was wondering the same, though. However, I haven't seen anyone else in my 1 million + city wear vintage flying jackets, so I guess it is "special" . Knowing that we're not totally alone it the world with it doesn't make it less so, it merely proves we're not crazy...or are we? :)

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
well, your elevator is getting more and more suspicious, I see it can travel across cities?! :D

I was wondering the same, though. However, I haven't seen anyone else in my 1 million + city wear vintage flying jackets, so I guess it is "special" . Knowing that we're not totally alone it the world with it doesn't make it less so, it merely proves we're not crazy...or are we? :)
Greg, I'm sure we are! :D
Well, there are not too few of us in our small world actually.
Btw, any enthusiasts usually make our world better, so - that's not bad that we're such crazy in our passions. Just my thoughts Sir:)