• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

falcon_ib

unnamed-3.jpg

Had to evacuate due to the Thomas fire in Southern California - the sky has been orange and brown and air quality is abysmal. Weird to see everyone walking around in masks and ash falling like snow. I'm lucky to be able to go home to clean NorCal air, unlike many of my classmates going home to LA.
On the bright side, my SMW roughouts are wearing in nicely with a fresh coat of ash!

Steve27752

View attachment 2208
Had to evacuate due to the Thomas fire in Southern California - the sky has been orange and brown and air quality is abysmal. Weird to see everyone walking around in masks and ash falling like snow. I'm lucky to be able to go home to clean NorCal air, unlike many of my classmates going home to LA.
On the bright side, my SMW roughouts are wearing in nicely with a fresh coat of ash!
I hope that all is going to be okay.........The boots look good.

Dubpynchon

Aero ANJ-4 I picked up from ebay this week. I think it might be an early one, lovely heavy jacket. I think this one might be a keeper. It has sheepskin cuffs as well which are nice on the hands.
ZUNoKEk.jpg

Smithy

love the dark fur on the Irvin!!!!

Thanks CBI although in truth it's probably more the photo as the fleece colour is probably a shade or two lighter than the pic and a rich deep honey colour rather than that sort of ginger shade you see on some of the 42 Pattern ELCs.

It's really tricky taking photos here at the moment as we have very little natural light (sunset is just over an hour after sunrise currently) and what little there is happens to be more like a twilight so you have to rely upon artificial light for everything including taking photos.

But hey it's colder than a witch's bosom so damn good for an Irvin.

Garylafortuna

Beautiful Irvin Smithy. I wish B-3s had those zippered cuffs. CBI, that ELC 50 Cal looks a lot like a certain Aero 42-15142P that you recently sold here on VLJ.
You seem to have a penchant for dark seal, rust colored knits, and that certain curvature of the pocket flaps. A most excellent A-2 that fits just right and gives you that
'joie de vivre' kind of look.

CBI

Thanks Gary: This 50 Cal was a trade for an A-2 I was not wearing much so I ended up with two jackets (the Aero you are referring to) with similar color scheme. Yes, the super dark seal is my preferred A-2 color I find I have more opportunities to wear this color vs. the more "military" russet browns (which I also DO like).

johnwayne

I do like the seal/berry combo, I've been keeping my eyes open for one for while now! At the mo though here in UK it's been quite cold so my relatively new BR B10 has been put to good use, it's a really nice warm jacket and great when needing to jump in and out of the car, it doesn't ride up like some leather jackets do! Sorry Steve no pics though!!

Smithy

has that just arrived new or did you mean todays the day you took the pic?
(sorry you may well have said before but I missed it)

No that's now. Sorry it's taken in artificial light with my phone so it softens the weathering you can see on it. It's bald in places on the cuffs and waistband, something I really like as you'll see it on a lot of originals. The top surface has come off on a number of points, and the finish has come off on most of the eyelets on the belt, plus the fleece has done the typical thing of going curly in places and the outside finish has the raised creasing/striations look you see on originals. I bloody love it.

No that's now. Sorry it's taken in artificial light with my phone so it softens the weathering you can see on it. It's bald in places on the cuffs and waistband, something I really like as you'll see it on a lot of originals. The top surface has come off on a number of points, and the finish has come off on most of the eyelets on the belt, plus the fleece has done the typical thing of going curly in places and the outside finish has the raised creasing/striations look you see on originals. I bloody love it.

yeah I loved mine with all its wear too -until it just started developing big holes everywhere-just wore it to death I guess, never treated the skin or anything , except to inclement weather