• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Smithy

That's another beauty Grant. First you post that HLB of yours a couple of days back and now this. Talk about being spoilt for choice!

B-Man2

Grant
Your 21996 is one of the nicest original Aeros' I've seen.
If you don't mind me asking, how'd you happened to find that one?

Last edited:

Grant

Thanks B-Man,
This one was from ebay.
Never thought I'd see the day when decent all original A-2's could be had for far less than a new repro!

CBI

Yep, NOTHING like an original!!!!!!! Great one Grant, I own an almost twin original 21996 with the same re-dye. Your looks like whoever made it did a quality job. Mine looks like someone slapped it together in 15 minutes!!!!

Grant

Yup, agree CBI, nothin like an original with all the odd kwirks. Look closely at mine and you'll see one pocket is higher than the other from the waist knit!
The steerhide Aero used on this contract is still soft and pliable and feels like it's ready for another 70 years. The knits are also still tight and in sound shape.

CBI

HAAA< yes, crooked pockets on mine as well. Your's are not really noticeable

Grant

Always wished I would've recorded the conversation I had with an elderly woman from Beacon who worked in the Aero factory during the war. She told some priceless stores about what it was like sewing A-2 jackets all day long and how they'd get bored and write hand written notes leaving them in the pockets of jackets. Also, how they would re-furbish worn jackets replacing linings, zips and knits. Any jacket that was painted with artwork was thrown in the dumpster!

CBI

My worse for wear original 21996:

IMG_4931.jpg

IMG_4932.jpg

IMG_4934.jpg

B-Man2

Those are two nice looking jackets.
The 21996 looks good in the pictures, and the .50 cal looks like a nice one too.
Both jackets fit you nicely.
Cheers

Smithy

Really lovely B-6.

Super mild here today, around 0 Celsius so just the old Barnstormer. Sorry no photos.