• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Cliff

An Aero Irvin for walking the dog across the forest and my Goodwear Aero A2 everywhere else where the temperature is above 2 degrees Centigrade !!! Heating, who needs heating :lol: !!!!

Andrew

Went for a surf yesterday. I can feel a change coming though..... Realistically I never expect to wear a jacket until May, then it's all over by September.

I hope to have a new GW by then and hopefully for JC your Summer will bring him some relief from the workload.

shanghai joe

MikeyB-17 said:
Bitter, biting Northerly winds in Cornwall over the weekend-B-3 has been giving sterling service. Raining today, though, so it'll probably be fleece and Gore-tex for me too.

welcome to the F&G (fleece and goretex)...............dare I use the F word.......forum :D

STEVE S.

i've been alternating between the gordon & ferguson & willis & geiger m-422a this week. which one depends on whether i want the deep red collar or light blonde. :eek:

escorpion_72

Well the winter decided to come rather late this year. I was about to wear my A-2 when the temperature dropped and it is -10 C here in Stockholm. So I'm wearing my ALC Irvin.
It is the heavy model with really really thick shearling and it has not been used at all by the person who sold it to me, so it still is rather stiff but I noticed that it is softenig up as I wear it.

The label inside says 89/226, dose anyone now how to read this?
My guess is that it is from 1989, what do the experts think?

Regards,

Escorpion_72

better duck

escorpion_72 said:
Regards, Escorpion_72
Hello there, Escorpion, You new here to the forum? (you never know with the changeover from VLJ 3 and people taking to opportunity to not only change their avatar, but their nickname as well)
If you are: very welcome from another European! Enjoy your membership. What kind of jackets do you own apart from your ALC Irvin?

escorpion_72

Hello again and thanks, I had just become a member in the old forum when it was changed.
I have:

- B3 no name and made in Paraguay. Had it since 1990, given to me at my 18th birthday.
- A-2 Sportys Pilotshop but with no side entry pockets, inside pockets and with the hooks at the neck. True A-2 config, not like the new Sporty's jackets.
- A-2 Bronco coming in any day now.
- A-2 "Real Deal" 42-15142-P coming in soon as well.
- A couple of other "Pilot" jackets such as Petroff and RedSkins (no true specs).

Looking at the GW's and really wanting one.....

A

Anonymous

rotenhahn said:
Tranquility Base said:
I'm wearing a High Level Gear (HLG) prototype 37-3891 P.

Maybe you're the one with the Johny Depp in the Ninth Gate-type obsession- that's a pretty rare bird idn't it? Or are you pulling our plonkers? :lol:

Yes.

Jamesp

Checked the weather forecast for London and it said sunny 6 deg.

So left my Aero Irvin at home and went to visit Kew Gardens in my Werber A2.

Bloody cold and promptly started snowing, sleeting and raining!! Oh and some hail too.

Damn it!

MikeyB-17

shanghai joe said:
MikeyB-17 said:
Bitter, biting Northerly winds in Cornwall over the weekend-B-3 has been giving sterling service. Raining today, though, so it'll probably be fleece and Gore-tex for me too.

welcome to the F&G (fleece and goretex)...............dare I use the F word.......forum :D

Well actually in the end it was Tanker and Goretex-and very glad I was of it too.

joeson

Nice and cold at the moment so wearing my ANJ-3-A with my N-3 over the top.Noggin is covered with a B9B nylon hat.

zoomer

Putting away the winter clothes including the heavier leather. Left a few A-2s (GW United, ELC RW, Aero goat, black Sporty's) and a W&G A-1 on the tree. Got out my M1941 and M-421 as well.

navvet

With milder temps during the day the A-2 (repro) is as heavy as we can comfortably wear here in rural Pennsylvania. :) :)