• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Smithy

Shirt and shorts here in a sunny and hot Ascot.

The upside of global warming, or should that be downside as no need for a flying jacket.

Mildish here by local standards, around 2C but blowing a gale (literally) so once again the Barnstormer which laughs at rain/sleet/snow. Love this coat when it's like this.

CBI

I bought this cheap "tactical" black fleece jacket at a local Army Surplus/Hunting place for $20. Not a long jacket but longer waisted than an A-2. The damn thing is just too ergonomically good with loads of pockets, an internal pocket for my wallet and a great long sleeve pocket for my iPhone. I mean, awesome vintage stuff just can't meet my needs in my advancing years requests for comfort - crap!

Smithy

The weather is fickle where we are here in the Arctic at the moment, one minute it's -4 and blowing like nothing, or it's around +1 and snow/sleet/hail so it's been the Irvin and Barnstormer depending on conditions. I enjoy both so no complaints!

Marv

Wested Raiders today, this jacket hasn't seen the light of day for a few years until now.

Last edited:

Smithy

Typical of the weather round here at this time of year, -2 Celsius, fairly still, with snow flurries so a lovely day to switch between the Irvin and B-10. Enjoyed using both!

Technonut2112

Catching the last of days cool enough to enjoy my "grail" Good Wear RW 27752 in Shinki HH.. :)

This GW fits me exactly as I like in an A-2.. Sleeve-length, chest, shoulders, length.. all as I would have hoped for if ordered new. A true keeper for certain. In fact, this is the very jacket pictured on JC's site to represent this RW contract in seal HH. ;) :cool:

DSCF0238_zpsgcnbt9yt.jpg

DSCF0235_zps1zmovcsy.jpg

DSCF0237_zpsunhuidqw.jpg

Atticus

No jacket today or yesterday. Much too warm. But Monday, it was 46 degrees when I left for the coffee shop...so I wore my GW A-1. It's supposed to turn cooler Friday, so maybe I'll get in a few more days of leather jacket wear. I've already retired the deck jackets and the pea coats until next season.

AF

Garylafortuna

Marv And Technonut2112, thank you for the pictures of those hideous GW/RW27752s. You do realize of course that you are contributing to severe addiction issues among us.
Today wearing my Aero 38-1711-P.

Smithy

Nice to see the GW 277752s from Technonut and Marv. It's one of the contracts I'm thinking about getting from ELC.

Just a quick question how do they fit in terms of body type?

regius

Nice to see the GW 277752s from Technonut and Marv. It's one of the contracts I'm thinking about getting from ELC.

Just a quick question how do they fit in terms of body type?

Tapered forearms, slightly narrow upper chest otherwise pretty comfy. I'm 44 in suits and most repro, I'm good in 44, but would need 46 to look like McQueen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk