• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Technonut2112

Beautiful, cool day for one of my favorite hobbies... Metal detecting. :) Perfect weather for my veg-tanned goatskin Bronson A-1 jacket as well... ;)

DSCF0211_zpsezfwd9gf.jpg

Technonut2112

Looks great!! I wear my A-1 for everything too including flying!

Great A1 there!

Thanks... :) I love the vintage look with the button-front. Unfortunately, my big day out detecting was cut short after only a couple of hours by what had to have been 60 MPH wind-gusts.. :eek: Needless to say I was happy with my choice of the A-1. It really cut the wind on the way back to my car after I buttoned it up, and raised the collar. ;) However, I did have to chase my Stetson about 1/4 of a mile on the way.. :mad:

PADDY, you should treat yourself to a Bronson A-1.. As they say in your neck-of-the-woods, 'cheap as chips', but yet well-made, and durable. ;) Quite detailed as well...Great 'knock-around' jacket..:cool:

Last edited:

Technonut2112

What metal detector do you recommend for someone starting out . BTW love the jacket

Thanks BIP

Thanks! :) I would highly recommend the Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro as an EXCELLENT beginner detector. If you look around, they can be had for under $300.00, and while being great for starting out, the LRP sports many features only found on higher-end detectors, which allows one to progress into the hobby for years without the need to upgrade. ;) IMO, it's the best value for the $$ out there at this time..

EDIT: For those interested in the Bronson A-1, it appears there are still some brown (same as mine) XXL's (tagged a 44), and a few smaller sizes available here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...jacket-free-shipping/1229407_32576794571.html

Last edited:

Bombing IP

Thanks Technonut ,the detector I am going to look into that thanks for the info .I tried to buy the Bronson Jacket and they are out of them , your Jacket Pit to Pit laid flat zipped what does it measure in inches ,as the site states measurement vary + - 25mm .
Thanks BIP

CBI

colder but Spring temps here almost, very little jacket weather in 2017 for me thus far. Like 4 days worth since Jan. 1 !!!

Technonut2112

Thanks Technonut ,the detector I am going to look into that thanks for the info .I tried to buy the Bronson Jacket and they are out of them , your Jacket Pit to Pit laid flat zipped what does it measure in inches ,as the site states measurement vary + - 25mm .
Thanks BIP

Glad to help.. :) The pit to pit on my Bronson A-1 XXL (tagged 44) is 23 1/4" (EDIT: I was mistaken, it's a just a bit under 24").. The sizing charts used at the store I linked have been accurate enough for me in both the A-1, and B-10 they carry... I just checked again, and the brown size XXL A-1 is in-stock ATM, as well as some smaller sizes.. You have to click the 'Color' icons with the small jacket pics to see which are in-stock. Only the sizes available will be able to be 'clicked' after 'Color' is selected..

Last edited:

Marv

Had a quick look at the sizing chart for the A1 and seems to point to XXL as a 121cm chest size which is approx 47.5 inches which would point to roughly a size 48" so not sure how accurate their sizing chart is after seeing your A1 sizes.

For me going off their size chart, the XL (chest size of 117cm) would look to be the ideal size for myself.

Technonut2112

Had a quick look at the sizing chart for the A1 and seems to point to XXL as a 121cm chest size which is approx 47.5 inches which would point to roughly a size 48" so not sure how accurate their sizing chart is after seeing your A1 sizes.

For me going off their size chart, the XL (chest size of 117cm) would look to be the ideal size for myself.

I just had another go at measuring the A-1's pit-pit.. I was a bit off the last time, my apologies . I made sure to have most of the buttons done-up this time, as well as making sure the side seams were even while lying flat.. It comes out to just a little under 24", so their chart is indeed pretty accurate. I wear a 44 (same as tagged), and couldn't ask for a better fit.. ;)

The XL would be tagged a 42 more than likely,,, No XL's in-stock, so it appears to be a no-go for you also Marv, unless you want to try a HWT on the XXL.. ;)

I wasn't using my hands to measure in this pic, but the pit-pit does measure-out to a bit under 24" when held properly:

DSCF0217_zpsknioigcw.jpg

EDIT: Apologies for veering off-topic ... :) Today, I am wearing my Bronson B-10... It's been much colder in my part of the World the past few days, compared to the warmer, spring-like temps we've been having..

Last edited:

Marv

thanks for the clarification on measurements, much appreciated.

looking at your jacket size then i'm guessing an XXL would fit me also as most of my current jackets have a Pit to Pit of 24 inches,, however the XXL size has now sold out so will just have to keep my eye on the website for whenever re-stock takes place and if I have the funds available at that time :)