• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Marv

thanks Steve, I haven't worn this A2 in a good while so quite refreshing having a roomier RW fit today.

daw

Andrew,

It seems to be such a well-preserved jacket. Did you use any type of leather dressing (like Pecard) on that Irvin, or did it not need any major restoration? What would you personally recommend for sheepskin restoration?

Dennis

Roughwear

Andrew,

It seems to be such a well-preserved jacket. Did you use any type of leather dressing (like Pecard) on that Irvin, or did it not need any major restoration? What would you personally recommend for sheepskin restoration?

Dennis

I use Pecards Dennis. There is a thread about this jacket in Vintage. I'm not sure what you mean by sheepskin restoration. I generally use Wartime sheepskin when restoring Irvins.

daw

Thanks Andrew. I really was interested to know whether you'd had to apply Pecards (or another preparation) on it. Was the jacket very dried out when you got it?

Roughwear

The leather was in good order when I bought it and not dried out like some jackets. Pecards stills helps to further condition the leather though.

Smithy

ELC Irvin again today. Most Scandinavians wear modern, high tech, ultra space age material outdoor gear and they seem to get a genuine kick out of seeing someone wearing something so different as an old school flying jacket judging by the positive comments the Irvin attracts just tootling about town. Either that or they're thinking, "typical bloody silly foreigner!" :)

Smithy

Shocker today, sleet, rain, hail, snow and gale force winds. Grabbed the Barnstormer again with submarine jumper, thermals scarf and gloves. The FQHH did the trick of keeping the wind and wet out.