• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this zipper pull tab and where can I find them?

After weeks of searching, I cannot seem to find the right combination of search terms to locate any of these tabs as zipper pulls.

Does anyone have any idea exactly what they are called or where to find them?

IMG_4602.jpg

a2jacketpatches

I remember a bushel of these original bomb tags at the Norton Ma. Flea Market when I was a kid, a dime a piece. If I knew then what I know now.

Here's another very popular zipper pull choice for flight jackets, I just sourced a bunch in the perfect bakelite butterscotch patina at a swap meet in Quartzsite AZ. Even the chains are true vintage.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-2-Flight-Jack ... RK:MESE:IT

Bombing IP

Your going to be happy you got it and then when you use it is going to be a pain in the arse .
Reason it so large and hard is going to be denting car bodies wooden tables windows little kids and anything
else when you take the jacket off or pit it on . I got the same problem with an acme whistle on the hook near thew collar.

Also on the plate it says PTO that means please turn over ,most Americans do not know what this means .I know I used to use it on my paper work and would also be asked what it mean't.
The standard in the USA is see over written in full .Which brings up a point were the tags made in England for the American Bombs or did America use to use PTO and now has since fallen out of favor

Bombing IP

MikeyB-17

Yep I had a couple at one point, don't use it anymore as it was too heavy, bulky and I feared for the car paintwork whenever I got too close. Still have one as it's a nice thing, but not on any more jackets. Aero's are brass, I think most originals were alloy or even cardboard.