• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you guys think about this?

Chris217

How about this?

Since so much of the discussion in the vintage section centers around original A-2's how about we take the maker of every original A-2 and give each one it's own special sub-section such as "everything Dubow", "everything Rough Wear", etc... That way we can consolidate all our photos and observations about our favorite makers into it's own area. I think it could be a very useful research tool.

better duck

Chris217 said:
How about this?
give each one it's own special sub-section such as "everything Dubow", "everything Rough Wear", etc...
Ah, synchronisity. Don't know where upon the globe you reside, but the same thought just crossed my mind as well - regarding repros "everything ELC, Aero, Goodwear, Buzz Rickson, Real McCoy etc."

Of course both thoughts could be combined, but the essence would be of offering a lit more structure (but mind you: with structure come limitations and choise: For instance: "I have just received my ELC - Roughwear": where would one post that one?
Probably would be best to make sub-sections for each of the original makers in the vintage section, and the modern day producers of repros in the repro-section.

I support your idea!

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
It's a good idea, and would work well if each thread had a steward.

Someone llike Steve (bseal), on 'Anything and Everthing A-1', with the ability to ignore the pictures of cats, and manoeuvre the thread back on topic.