• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do I have? NASA?

herk115

herk115

oose said:
NASA Pilot's Mustard NASA Flight Jacket. This white, silk-lined "Kings Point" cloth jacket (X-Large) includes a NASA pilot's leather ID velcroed to the chest (JERE COBB) as well as numerous patches including the rare triangular blue NASA-MSC patch, a NASA meatball (3"), a small US flag (2.5x1.5") patch, a "Lunar Landing Training Vehicle" patch (LLTV patches are almost never available) and a The Red Baron / Houston patch.

I have two of those LLTV patches. If you want some good gouge on patches and jackets and suits worn back in the day, contact a pilot at JSC Air Ops named Roger Zweig. I think he's still there. He was a great source for patches when I met him in the early 80s and he got me the LLTV patches.

herk115

oose said:
Hi,

Something similar from Martin X-24B in 1972 being worn by Tom McMurtry.

stu

The suit and jacket worn by McMurtry are from Bowler's Shirt and Uniform which was located in the garment district in downtown Los Angeles. They made a few suits and patches for me in the 1970s. I visited the location in the 1990s and it was boarded up and long gone. My contact person there was a guy named Rick von Henkle (as far as I can recall), and if you can find him, he may be able to give you infor on those garments.

Members online

Latest posts