• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Civilian Contract Is This???????????????????

A

Anonymous

Purchased this from a member, love it. Looks to me like a Dubow. This jacket is not broken in yet, the lining looks original but no label except in the pocket. it's seal brown, in the areas that are a little worn, the color is a great blood red. Any feedback as to what this is would be appreciated.

DSCN4029.jpg

DSCN4022.jpg

DSCN4023.jpg

DSCN4021.jpg

DSCN4024.jpg

DSCN4026.jpg

DSCN4025.jpg

greyhound52

yes looks like Dubow to me based on the eps and the pocket. I was basing it on Allen's new Dubow from GW. Very nice jacket.

I sold a jacket identical to this one, albeit in a much smaller size, two or three years ago. The guy who bought it was convinced it was a Dubow-made jacket as well.

A

Anonymous

Seems to me extra work to make a three piece arm, why would a mfg go to the trouble?

zoomer

You save on hides. You can use remnants, or pieces of marked-up hides that aren't so marked up.

Aren't the pockets also bigger than AAF Dubows? That was a big thing with the civvy models-increased pocket capacity.

shanghai joe

still a nice jkt nevertheless.......I make the zipper to be a crown? Base of the puller is slightly different............from the pix the base is in the shape of a crown.......on originals that I have seen it just is flat across.........my tuppence!

Roughwear

This is one of the best civi A2s I have seen. The colour is very similar to a seal Dubow which I used to own. The Crown zip is a nice feature and i believe this style dates from the late 40s/early 50s.

A

Anonymous

shanghai joe said:
still a nice jkt nevertheless.......I make the zipper to be a crown? Base of the puller is slightly different............from the pix the base is in the shape of a crown.......on originals that I have seen it just is flat across.........my tuppence!
It's a civilian crown, slightly smaller than issue.