• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what are the odds this is real

ButteMT61

Well, given the jacket 767fo just sold to JC, I'd say it's certainly possible. But with these things, it's often hard to tell from an auction and some pics. I'd chance it if the price remains low. If it goes up, then I'd ask for help here and elsewhere to find an expert or someone knowing much more than me :)

SuinBruin

unclegrumpy said:
The bag is real, but the artwork looks too fresh.
My thoughts as well. It's way too easy to buy an old bag cheap and then load it up with artwork to sell at a premium. It would be pretty cool if it were genuine, though. I like the Jolly Roger stencil.

saunders

The 90th boys were a very proud bunch with huge amount of esprit de corps, so they decorated everything you can think of. The low number of bombs is interesting, seeing as how the a tour in the 90th was for many, many more missions than this; I like the low number and think this could be legit. It does have to be seen in person or via better pics, though. If it's a tough call, then test for lead paint on the artwork: No lead = a dud. Lead presence needs to be taken in the context of the whole piece and doesn't prove it's genuine on its own.

Was/is there more to this offering at one time or is this it?

Saunders