• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WE GOT GOAT!!!!!

Clark J

Look what JC sent me!!!AHHHH that hits the spot!!!!!
014-1.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

Grant

The goatskin John's using right now is really awesome! That's thee nicest Dubow repro I've seen yet!
Thought it'd be fun to compare it to an original goat Dubow.
dubow-2.jpg

Tim P

yep that looks close to me. my GW fantasy is a flat mid brown (no red hints) creasy and smooth combination horsehide, rather than grainy, poughkeepsie with a decal. nice yellowy liner, dull ring snaps appropriate knits (my poughkeepsie knits were replaced so I dont know what they should be like) and nice basic pockets.

to return to topic though, goat is just so wearable and looks so nice too..Nice even russet finish.

fishmeok

Clark old boy, let me borrow that for a while, I wanna compare it to my pre-production Dubow. That would make a nice picture essay on how far John has come in the last year...

I almost completely guarantee you will get the same one back. Probably. :D
Cheers
Mark

better duck

I'm in line for one of those too. Just have to keep on practicing patience for another month or two.....
In the meantime: congratulations with yours!

jacketimp

fishmeok said:
Clark old boy, let me borrow that for a while, I wanna compare it to my pre-production Dubow. That would make a nice picture essay on how far John has come in the last year...

I almost completely guarantee you will get the same one back. Probably. :D
Cheers
Mark

please put me on your waiting list as well..........why i'll even pay for postage ;)

Chandler

jacketimp said:
eeeer distance of the pockets????

The original is zipped closed, the GW isn't -- probably why they look different.

My question is on the shape of the pocket corners and the flap scallop. They're not both in a flat state, but did Dubow vary through contracts?

Oh yeah, great hide -- reminds me of my G&B goat.

Chandler

T-Bolt

Chandler said:
jacketimp said:
eeeer distance of the pockets????

The original is zipped closed, the GW isn't -- probably why they look different.

My question is on the shape of the pocket corners and the flap scallop. They're not both in a flat state, but did Dubow vary through contracts?

Oh yeah, great hide -- reminds me of my G&B goat.

Chandler

Chandler

In fact there were at least two or three pocket flap scallops or configurations used by Dubow throughout their production. I have discussed this before with John and I chose the more "pointy" variation for my jacket. :cool:

Ted

Chandler

T-Bolt said:
I chose the more "pointy" variation for my jacket. :cool:

Nice, but I'm not sure I like the Dubow epaulettes. Were they all that short and boxy looking? Makes the shoulders look awfully tight. Looking at the Lost Worlds' examples, they don't seem as short. Maybe a size issue too, I suppose.

Chandler

A

Anonymous

Chandler:
Looking at the Lost Worlds' examples,
You might as well look at an Avirex or schoot! Lost World's Dubow epaulets are ALL buggered up- nothing like an original Dubow. Most 27798s had epaulets like those in the two examples above- fat.

Chandler

rotenhahn said:
You might as well look at an Avirex or schoot!

Was only looking as a comparison, my knee-jerk friend, not as the bench mark of what a Dubow (or any A-2) ought to be (in any way).

Chandler