• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wareings Irvin for sale

Ian C

I am selling an Irvin made by Wareings of Northampton, dating from 1940-42.The main Lightning zip is a replacement, but is a period replacement as the original owner states that this is as it was issued to him.
The original owner was Walter King who was a flight engineer on Halifaxes in 431 Squadron, then 405 Squadron in Lancasters as part of 8th Pathfinder group.
The associated history states that King flew 58 missions and took part in the infamous Nuremberg raid.
Jacket is probably a 42in chest up to a slim 44in.
Measurements are.
Sleeve length 25 1/2in
Armpit to armpit 23in
Back length 24in
Shoulder width 19 1/2in
Offers at £650 ono
Postage and packing dependent on buyers location

IMG_9427.jpg

IMG_9407.jpg

IMG_9412.jpg

IMG_9409.jpg

IMG_9410.jpg

Roughwear

What a nice looking Irvin with real character and provenance! Try advertising it in the Buy/Sell section as well Ian and on the FL.

Ian C

Thanks Andrew,

Is there anyway on of the moderators can just relocate the thread to that area or can I do it?

Ian

Roughwear

The main zip is a Swift zip (with a Lightning puller) and this type of zip is post War, so I guess the vet was confused about when it was replaced.

Ian C

Hiya,

I've amended this and moved it to the Buy/Sell section with some extra photos.

Thanks,

Ian