• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Want to Buy Used GW or ELC A-2 with 25-26 inch Pit to Pit - more room!

CBI

Hello Gents:

Been wearing cloth almost exclusively these days and loving it. After wearing some of my A-2’s, M-422’s and A-1’s recently I still love them but they fit like a glove………great, really nice fits but I think I am wanting more room and maybe some layering possibilities. I overdid the “trim” military fit idea! My measurements haven’t changed but my priorities have. So, I am considering an A-2 with a pit to pit measurement in the 25 to 26 inch range. My current A-2’s are in the 23-23 1/2 inch range. 25-26 inches might be too blousy but I am considering it. I am between a 42 and 44 regular in measurements and retail clothing.

Checking in to see if anyone has a Good Wear or Eastman original maker in horse, cow or goat that they may be interested in selling with a pit to pit in the 25-26 inch range. 24 1/2 inch I will consider not roomy enough. I prefer only dark seal or really dark seal. No light or medium colors. No spray/dull finishes. If an older GW, no older reddish russet. I am open to a number of different contracts. I suppose I should mention which ones I don’t care for but lets see how things go. Probably the more "traditional/popular" contract options would be the safest. Please PM me with any details and a few pictures. The jacket can be worn/well worn or newish but no stitch holes or patches or smokers…….…sorry

Only Good Wear or Eastman (original maker). I might consider a Kelso. Just seeing if there are any nice options/good deals from forum members before a possible retail purchase or lengthy order. I can do PayPal. I don’t have an eBay account, nor do I want one. Please keep in mind that I am have my preferences and please don’t be offended if I decline your possible offer. I am testing the waters and interested if the right jacket (for me is an option). Please measure that pit to pit measurement carefully, don’t overstretch to get to 25 inches!

Thanks so much. Could have put this in Buy and Sell but members can't see Buy/Sell unless they log in, many don't, just browse w/o log in.

Last edited:

Garylafortuna

I stand with you on going to a roomier fit. James Stewart probably would have been more comfortable if he 'd have gone up a size. Will you be putting any of your current jackets on the block?

Smithy

I'm with you there too. I've moved away from the really trim fit. You want it to look good but that's not much good if it's only comfortable standing with your hands on your hips but a bloody nuisance bending down, reaching up, driving the car, etc.

Silver Surfer

ditto. the "right" size-fit for a-2s, while looking smart, is often constricting. i too have decided on going one size up in repro a-2s. reckon i just have to deal with the fact that im not an 18 year old, wwll aaf guy., hahahahaha

CBI

thanks guys. No plans to put my few remaining leathers up for sale, they do fit.