• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WALDES Zippers experience

Johnnie Espresso

Hello, everyone! Since i got the nice tip to check out the "WALDES Zippers" website from Japan for some nice repro zippers, i tried to contact them, several times and with different email adresses.
I never got a reply. Has anybody here ever made successful business with this company? What was your approach? Any info is welcome! Thank you in advance.

ties70

Hello, everyone! Since i got the nice tip to check out the "WALDES Zippers" website from Japan for some nice repro zippers, i tried to contact them, several times and with different email adresses.
I never got a reply. Has anybody here ever made successful business with this company? What was your approach? Any info is welcome! Thank you in advance.

I have been trying this for years... No reply.... What are you looking for? I might have a different source...

Johnnie Espresso

ok, thanks for letting me know it's not just me.....i am looking for zippers that pass for vintage eclairs, brass zippers with brown/orange cotton band, like this:
eclair.jpg

Hartie_Echt2.jpg

Enigma1938

I dunno but could it be possible that Waldes only sells / responses to big manufacturing players which may order zippers in big quantities? So not interested in make business with private persons?

Johnnie Espresso

In older test jackets, I used Waldes, but there was a MOQ and you need a VAT N#.
I had them shipped to my Japan or Korea address.
Now I only use NOS parts and of course also NOS Eclair’ s.
hey Pilot, ...pardon my igorance, but what does NOS mean?

Dumpster D

Waldes is not selling to the public. Sounds to me like they deal exclusively with businesses interested in large bulk orders.

You may have to source the zippers from a different wholesaler somewhere online.

I would try searching the specific Waldes zipper you're looking for by name and use exact 'Keywords' in your online search, that may or may not be of any use, but worth 10 minutes at least trying and see if there's anything out there.

ButteMT61

I've a vintage Waldes on a jacket and I want to scream every time I use it!
Maybe the repops are better ¯\_(ツ)_/¯