• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VMF 512 patch photos

jbmilart

This is a patch I did for a customer who wanted the Marine VMF 512 Squadron done in leather. I told the customer that most of the USN and Marine patches were embroidered... but he insisted he wanted it in leather and aged... and since he was paying good money for it... here it is...

The patch size is 5 inches in diameter... and 6 inches at it's longest point.

[/img]
IMG_0987.jpg
[/img]

EMBLEMHUNTER

Yeah , you are right , the only ones of this unit in "patch" form I've ever seen were embroiderd cloth/felt types, but as the old saying goes, "The customer is Always Right " .........................

Great patch/work by the way too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dujardin

i have one embroidered one, but i don't know if it's an original or a repro

nice work again

Sébastien

Hi Guys,
It's my first visit on that nice forum.
I confess, I'm the ( probably stupid ) customer "he was paying good money" of that patch.
Oh well, that doesn't matter, anyway, I think it's a great patch and the work of Jim is outstanding.
All the best !!!
Sébastien.

a2jacketpatches

Sébastien said:
Hi Guys,
It's my first visit on that nice forum.
I confess, I'm the ( probably stupid ) customer "he was paying good money" of that patch.
Oh well, that doesn't matter, anyway, I think it's a great patch and the work of Jim is outstanding.
All the best !!!
Sébastien.

Not stupid at all, personal preference, and the artwork is second to none.

FlyingYankee

I ordered the same patch. Bottom line is there are no cut in stone rules when it comes to patches. If this patch had been available in the 1940s you can be sure it would have been used.