• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage G-1 jacket photos - my new acquisitions

msparks

I checked and there was no label in the front pockets. I am guessing the size to be a 36 or 38. Thinking about putting it out on ebay. Any thought on the value?

Tkecks

Here's a recent acquisition: A size 46 "A"-series LW Foster contract (are these called "a" series, despite not carrying the letter?). Immaculate original collar and conmar zipper. This has the red/maroon shade to the goat hide that you see in some of the A-series.

watchmanjimg

Tkecks said:
Here's a recent acquisition: A size 46 "A"-series LW Foster contract (are these called "a" series, despite not carrying the letter?).

I'm no expert, but I would expect any revisions to be indicated on the label. Here's an example:

$_57.JPG

Marv

Here's a couple of shots of my mint LW Foster G1, from what I can recall, the first amendment to this contract was not listed on the spec label only subsequent amendments were from then on.

watchmanjimg

Marv said:
Here's a couple of shots of my mint LW Foster G1, from what I can recall, the first amendment to this contract was not listed on the spec label only subsequent amendments were from then on.

I was unable to find an example of an L.W. Foster 7823A marked as such on the label, but I did turn up the following:

http://moorecustom.com/jackets/Moore_Jackets_7823A.htm

I believe this gentleman was or is a member here. If he's right, it would explain the situation . . .