• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage fonzi type jacket

I know some of you gents don't make it over to the fedoralounge so I thought I'd post these pics here as well. This is a jacket that James Miller restored and made it's rounds through an owner or two who it evidently didn't fit very well. It ended up as a very reasonable "buy it now" item and I snagged it. A Boyd's front quarter horsehide Civie A-2 fonzi style jacket. The fit is perfect and the graining is just awesome. James did a fantastic restoration job with a redye on the leather and replacing the knits and lining. I believe he may have posted pics of it here before. For those that missed it, here it is again.
insidejac.jpg

BffYzhgB2kKGrHqUOKj8Erzk6U64BLBdbeo.jpg

backjacket.jpg

jackets004.jpg

jackets005.jpg

fedoralover

dujardin

really nice one
fit looks to be perfect
i was fan of this tv series ''happy days''
byeeeeeeeeeeee marcel

Thanks, the grain on this leather is truly amazing as you can see on the back piece. I'm glad James took the time to restore it. I got one heck of a deal on it, literally a fraction of the cost of an Areo Happy Days repro.

fedoralover

jack aranda

Good morning, Fedoarlover:
You have a great eye for jackets. You also scored that amazing Hercules at the Pike Place Market a few months ago, right? Well done. This one's color is richer than Paris Hilton! And, like fishmeok, I like the yoke in back, very Highwayman-ish.

jack aranda said:
Good morning, Fedoarlover:
You have a great eye for jackets. You also scored that amazing Hercules at the Pike Place Market a few months ago, right? Well done. This one's color is richer than Paris Hilton! And, like fishmeok, I like the yoke in back, very Highwayman-ish.

Hi Jack, yes I found the Sears Hercules when we were in Seattle last July. Both jackets show the awesome quality that was once common place in even stores like Sears. Now you have to go to a custom maker to find one of like quality. I walked though Macy's the other day and they had a Ralph Lauren section with one of his jackets there. It was very nice looking, but a very thin lambskin that wouldn't have held up and it had a lot of pieces in the sleeves and other sections. Price was $695. You can get an Aero custom for that price and it will hold up for decades. Unless you really really pampered the Ralph Lauren, I wouldn't give it 2 seasons of wear before it would snag and tear.

fedoralover