• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage 1960's Classic Motorcycle Jacket by Lesco Leathers

a2jacketpatches

Not much info out there on this company but what I do find says 60's. Very well made with heavy duty TALON Zips and weighing in at 5-6 lbs. I found it this morning at the same guy I bought the MG34 ammo belts and cans from yesterday. He said it came out of a storage locker. Very dusty and looked terrible, but it didn't have a musty odor (don't find that as much in the desert) So I washed it up with some mild hand soap mixed in mostly water and then hosed it down. Then a liberal coating of leather conditioner reveals one sharp, supple, deep black, super looking jacket. The pockets are very clean, liner is in great shape, smells fine, can't find a worn spot or scratch on it. Lesco is or was a quality manufacturer of leather jackets, no doubt about it. And however old this one is, it wasn't worn much before being tossed into storage to cllect dust for many years by the way it looked a few hours ago. A size 38 unfortunately hasn't fit me since I was 13 or something, but worth what I paid and about an hour and a half of work as a wall hanger for sure. And I'm certainly willing to flip it. Think 200- is too much?

watchmanjimg

Re: Vintage 1960's Classic Motorcycle Jacket by Lesco Leathe

Nice score! I'm not sure it goes quite as far back as the '60s but it's definitely a handsome design and looks solid. $200 seems like a fair price.

a2jacketpatches

watchmanjimg said:
Nice score! I'm not sure it goes quite as far back as the '60s but it's definitely a handsome design and looks solid. $200 seems like a fair price.
The snaps had a bunch of green that I cleaned up so I was assuming this as a fairly early jacket. Also, can't find much about the history of the company except that maybe they started out in the 40's as Lesco handbags. I did find quite a few examples of their Cafe racer Jackets and this style, the latest claiming to be from the 70's.
Here's a link to some possible history
http://www.bagladyemporium.com/BLU/inde ... n.LescoLtd

Peter Graham

What's the forum coming to. Links to ladies handbags indeed. What would Stu at LW say ? :eek:

a2jacketpatches

Peter Graham said:
What's the forum coming to. Links to ladies handbags indeed. What would Stu at LW say ? :eek:

Yeah, but it's the only little bit of info that I can link to this jacket. Leather bags, and then maybe they broadened their horizon to jackets. Still can't say for sure and lost interest at this point so it's up for sale if anyone is interested. I'd take 100- plus shipping of your choice from any of the guys here, otherwise it'll sit on Ebay until purchased.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MESE:IT