• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vicuna Overcoat

FlyingYankee

Found this at a antique store for for 40 USD. It is a mix of virgin wool and Vicuna. Vicuna fur used to be harvested from wild stock as the animals would die in captivity. Interesting is that a coat made of this today is nearly unobtainable.

Attachments

• overcoat.jpg
    overcoat.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 271

Silver Surfer

as worn by vito corleone, hahahaha. as a kid back in the 1950s, i remember seeing guys in little italy wearing coats like that one. oh, and perfect choice of lid. as one of out esteemed members would have it, " cool man".

B-Man2

IMG_6457.PNG
Dude!
You look cool in that, and the hat sets it off nicely.
Reminds me of the guy in the original French Connection Movie

FlyingYankee

Thank you all, the material feel like soft wool. I think the secret to buying vintage is to see how much the moths have eaten. Also I make sure to try and get virgin wool because recycled wool is more itchy. This coat had a few moth bites so it was priced accordingly. my rule is if a coat feels like a stuffed animal it is not made of natural materials.

From Sunset Blvd
SALESMAN: Here are some camel hairs, but I'd like you just to feel this one. It's Vicuna. Of course, it's a little more expensive.

JOE: A camel's hair will do.

SALESMAN (with an insulting inflection): As long as the lady is paying for it, why not take the Vicuna?

Last edited: