• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VB-2 pre war themed BR 37J1 jacket

Griffon_301

Hey guys!

As some of you might have read, I had commissioned Miroslav to make a pre war VB-2 patch to go onto my BR 37J1 jacket.
I was inspired by a well known picture of Boone Guyton standing in front of a VB-2 SB2U Vindicator and wearing a 37J1 adorned with the squadron patch.
Unfortunately I did not find a good rendition of the VB-2 emblem on the net but I was lucky to discover that I had a book about USN pre war aircraft color schemes that had a fairly good rendition of said patch in it. Miroslav agreed to proceed on what little information and template I could provide and today, I picked up the end result from the mail.
What should I say? - one word "stunning"!
Miroslav did a magnificent work and I will surely have him do another patch or two for me...I can just wholeheartedly recommend him! A great guy to talk to and deal with!
Oh and before I forget...pictures are included as well :)
Thank you so much Miroslav for doing a great job, I am satisfied beyond expectation ... Now it will be up to Fardin from Whitefeather to get the patch onto the jacket :)

Cheers from Vienna
Phil

Attachments

• 20190727_111006.jpg
    20190727_111006.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 202
  • 20190727_111300.jpg
    20190727_111300.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 206
  • 20190727_111248.jpg
    20190727_111248.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 187

Griffon_301

He also wrote a great book about his experiences...

I am still undecided if I should place the patch on the opposite side of the USN stencil or if I should place it over the stencil admin Guytons jacket...

What do you guys think?

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
He also wrote a great book about his experiences...

I am still undecided if I should place the patch on the opposite side of the USN stencil or if I should place it over the stencil admin Guytons jacket...

What do you guys think?
Both ways sound good. Nice work!