• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAAF Inspired CC Holder

dmar836

I ditched the planner/checkbook/wallet/"if found take my identity" thing years ago. Thought I'd share the CC holder I just made for fun. I made a simple one a few years ago and it's worked so well I thought I'd make another with a more appropriate look. Took some scrap goat and with a little measuring, cutting, contact cement, and stitching headed out to the belt sander. Then added beeswax to the side threads and burnished the edges with Bicks 4. Should look better when soaked into the olive thread. The label was a too-small practice piece laying around(obviously placed before assembly) - in the pic I can now see the double strike. Thought about a small AAF stamp on back but it would wear off quickly. Might stitch one nicer or experiment with raised rib detail like on the A-10 gloves but this is good enough for who it's for!

Just playin' around,
Dave