• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

US Army Prototype Sketches from an Insignia contest

dujardin

finally, i decide to place a little cash on it

if i win, i will let you know

and in case of, will send glady scans of the pages to interested guy ;)

Andrew

Congratulations Marcel, that is a really interesting and cool piece of VLJ relevant artwork you have there and it'd be great to see the design materialized if one of our Artists has a go at it.

dujardin

... : it'd be great to see the design materialized if one of our Artists has a go at it.

when i will get it in hand, normally around 10 january (they transit by parents's collegua) , i will be more than happy to share it with anybody
and also very interested to see one realised by one of our artist
i win it but i consider it's a piece of ''patch's history'', so i consider it's public domein
if somebody is interested, just send me a pm ;)

Rutger

That's a great find, in those days sketching was still considered a craft rather than a casual drawing that nowadays is called a sketch.
The real challenge is of course to determine which unit it was meant for. A Group for armed recce equipped with P-38 and P-51 and a member by the name of Sauls?
I like the versions with the art-deco-ish wings.

I'd be very interested in one materialize in both incised and leather-on-leather.

dujardin

thanks for the interest ;)

will prevent you as soon as i receive it

my collegua (and friend) came back first week of january from Louisiana

could be a nice patch
the one with the colour guide could be accurately reproduced

i check in my file but found nothing at this time

EMBLEMHUNTER

Sure hope we can nail down what Unit/Group/Sqd this was made for ,very cool designs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny