U.S. Authentic also does beautiful, accurate jacket repair-

Discussion in 'Care / Preservation' started by nickgp, Apr 17, 2018.

1. nickgp

nickgp New Member

Just received a few jackets back and they are perfect-not advertising but just saying I am very picky and they are just perfect.

Kennyz and Thomas Koehle like this.
  2. raulm1961

raulm1961 New Member

Hi nickgp. I've thinking of sending my ralph edwards g1 jacket for cuff replacements to us authentic. Can you post pics to see what kind of work they do.

3. Steve27752

Steve27752 Well-Known Member

Post some pics of the jackets/work done.

nickgp likes this.
  4. nickgp

nickgp New Member

ok I will have to take a few-
    The work I had done was on A-2 jackets but I have a G-1 by US Authentic. As you know the G-1 used "rib rack" cuffs and waistbands whereas the knitted direction alternates, I will take pictures of both and post.
    The first 2 are US Authentic rib rack from a few yrs ago and the last pic is cuffs and sleeves shortened a few weeks ago

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  5. nickgp

nickgp New Member

The work I had done was on A-2 jackets but I have a G-1 by US Authentic. As you know the G-1 used "rib rack" cuffs and waistbands whereas the knitted direction alternates, I will take pictures of both and post. OK- The first 3 are rib rack on a US Authentic jacket that is from a few years ago and the last picture is new cuffs and sleeves shortened from a few weeks ago-I also had the lining and waistband changed and the work is immaculate. new 004.jpg new 008.jpg new 006.jpg new 009.jpg

Kennyz and Steve27752 like this.
  6. nickgp

nickgp New Member

new 004.jpg new 007.jpg new 006.jpg new 009.jpg

Steve27752 likes this.
  7. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Looks like very nice work. I would certainly consider sending them repair work.

8. Steve27752

Steve27752 Well-Known Member

They have done a very good job of it.

9. raulm1961

raulm1961 New Member

Thanks for the pics. I will be seding them my ralph edwards g1 this coming summer. That way my jacket will be ready for fall/winter.

10. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Well-Known Member

A few observations. In picture #1 the cuff knit appears to be sewn together (As in not 1 piece knits). This jacket you mentioned was from a few years ago so maybe they have upgraded since then? Are they 100% wool? You may want to send along your own knits if they are not up to specs.

On the waist knit replacement, looks like they missed the top stitch line and installed it like an A-2 knit. There should be a line of stitching about 1/4" up from the knit like the cuffs.

I would get these details straight with them before having the work done.

11. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member

Agree with Skyhawk's comments. That and the pics are so fuzzy it's difficult to judge the "immaculate" work.