• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Toast" colored knits?

Doug C

What vintage jacket had knits that could be described "toast" colored? I'm working on a civilian jacket and am considering this option. The color looks to me like it's somewhere between tan and a light mid-brown. Maybe there was a military jacket that used this shade, whether leather or cloth ?

B-Man2

Take a look at Eastmans 1933 Werber on their website. I own one and the knits are just about the color you described. Sort of a toast color.

B-Man2

Dr H
How else would you describe them ?
I guess the Good Wear is more on the golden side but as I look at my ELC Werber........
Yep.....definitely toast.. ;)

MikeyB-17

White, brown, wholemeal, granary, French....? What sort of toast you got in mind here? Have to say I wouldn't have the ELC ones down as toast coloured either-I picture something paler and yellower. The Goodwear ones come closest but I don't think I've ever seen any pics of A-2's with the kind of knits I'm thinking of.