Three years old Buzz Rickson gloves

Discussion in 'Repros' started by regius, Jan 30, 2018.

1. regius

regius Member

The BR A10 gloves in goat has its distinct pros & cons. The goatskin is of the thinner type, but with a heavy lacquer finish & feels stiff, the color is a beautiful seal brown. Overall it feels indestructible while unwieldy.
    The cut is stocky, Can barely spread my fingers, especially my thumb, but I think this will be different from person to person. The decorative stitching on the back of the hand got loose very quickly but the seams are still strong. The wool is crisp and coarse to the touch, very stretchy. Wool lining feel rustic & strong too. I wear it to shovel snow & throw salt, no damage to the leather. (Just noticed a small scrape today). If anyone knows where they get the goatskin I’d appreciate it!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmar836 and Steve27752 like this.
  2. regius

regius Member

Oh & kudos to the sticker! It’s been there since day one & never fell off!!!

3. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

I'm about 99.9 % sure they get their goat skin ................(wait for it)................from goats. ( ok it was stupid ....but I just couldn't resist.) :)

Skip likes this.
  4. dmar836

dmar836 Well-Known Member

Look good! You can see why they are so popular - sort of a dress glove with more robust construction.
    Dave

5. stanier

stanier Active Member

I’ve got a pair the same with the red knits. I love ‘em but I sure wouldn’t be shovelling snow and throwing salt wearing them! That is if we had any snow to speak of!

6. dmar836

That's what's wrong with these repro things! They need to be abused!
    Dave

Skip likes this.
  7. foster

foster Member

These are mine after almost 3 years. Bought them in March 2015, but I have not worn them much until this past winter. I do use some Huberd's shoe oil on them each winter (when I remember, that is) to help soften them.

Attached Files:

8. dmar836

BRs as well? Look great! I think anything repro looks good really worn in but I understand how that signifies the inevitable.

Thomas Koehle likes this.
  9. stanier

stanier Active Member

To be very fair, the amount of days I can reasonably wear gloves in a year where I live without been thought very strange is probably about 1! Let alone shovel snow! I love just owning the gloves, and they came in a nice box!

Btw, is there any evidence that seal goat A-10’s came with red knits orginally?;)

johnwayne likes this.
  10. dmar836

My original pair is a darker color I think. I'll have to look when I get home.

11. foster

foster Member

Yes indeed! Just picked up some all-brown ones, so now I feel more inclined to wear these red knit ones as often as the weather permits!

dmar836 likes this.
  12. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

I've been looking at the MASH jobs for a wee while now but I bloody well hate buying gloves online without trying them on. Never mind jackets, hats and shirts, gloves are the worst for getting the sizing right without trying.

13. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Not trying to hijack the thread but I just thought it might be interesting to know; After considerable discussions about rust knits on B-10s , has anyone ever seen original A-10 gloves with rust knits?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  14. dmar836

Mine are brown. image.jpeg

15. regius

regius Member

I have a distinct feeling the red knit is BR's using their imagination, to match Aero A2. I do condition my BR A10 though, I use Leatherique or Montana. I also have a pair from MASH, also have a pair from US Authentic. Will post photos too. MASH is veg tanned, creamy to the touch, very thick and cushiony, smells lovely, US Auth is Pakistan made, to be honest, it's the most robust, been throwing salt in it for four years, no shrinkage, no scraping. Of course, the knits on the US Auth is not all wool, but still elastic and strong.

16. Cocker

Cocker Active Member

Have worn my MASH a couple times since I got 'em, and have to agree with regius. The leather is soft, thick, and smells extremely good! They do their job really well, the lining being warm and comfortable.

Smithy, their size chart is bang on, as far as I'm concerned. Moreover, you can ask them any question you want, they answer really quickly.

Smithy likes this.
  17. johnwayne

johnwayne Well-Known Member

Thought we'd run the rust knit B10 to death by now then up pops this! Was thinking they might look cool with my B10 too but I'll stick with my Redwing gloves given the amount of time they don't get worn!! By the way, those hanging threads would bug me, they'd definitely get the snip.

18. regius

regius Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]. MASH

Thomas Koehle likes this.
  19. dmar836

Those are some serious gang signs, Regius. Be careful!

Smithy, regius, Thomas Koehle and 2 others like this.
  20. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Well-Known Member

Can someone point me towards the MASH hp?

Gracias

Thomas