• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts? ID? on this jacket, I have the opportunity

a2jacketpatches

dmar836 said:
Not into escalating but that IS funny.
Dave
P.S. We could all leave complaints of "fake item" or whatever it is on eBay.

Yes, agreed, but this guy is an exceptional jerk. His reply back to me really set me off. He's in my area as well so I want him to feel the heat. Please do leave some complaints.

What an effing idiot. His reply was, the stitching on the patches are not the same, the patches are a different color, and on, and on. Sent him a reply, You will never sell that jacket.

a2jacketpatches

Here's my last and final comms with this idiot. I usually won't entertain such nonsense but this clown was just asking to be abused.

Me - Block me all you want from Ebay, There are literally hundreds of jacket collectors watching you now and your Avirex may as well stink like poop across the globe. So my job is done anyway.

Initially I was fooled for about an hour because the tell tale novelty map liner and Avirex tag are conveniently gone. But this is most certainly an 80's Avirex and confirmed by countless guys already worldwide. In the unlikely case you sell this, you will simply have succeeded in screwing someone who doesn't know better, like yourself. I've been buying and selling this stuff for 30 plus years so it is quite comical for you to question me and still demand that your 80's fashion statement is legit. With a feedback of -1 and two listings since October, your true colors are already out there as well. That's actually what everyone is laughing about the most. Good luck with your Top Gun jacket dick head, when I see you peddling this crap at Broad Acres flea market for 20 bucks I'll tell you all this to your face.

Him - Please come to me, but I don't take threats lightly. Its a big desert.

Me - For the record, no threat. As usual, you mis-spell and mis-read in just about every communication. Now slowly, please read the following and I will try to clarify it for you.

IF I SEE YOU PEDDLING THIS 1980's REPRODUCTION JACKET LOCALLY AS AN ACTUAL VINTAGE ITEM WITH HISTORY, I WILL INFORM YOU THAT YOU ARE SADLY MISTAKEN STRAIGHT TO YOUR FACE.

I'm sure many guys have contacted you with the same info, so why don't you just pull this and mop the floor with it or something, or at the very least, sell it for the 40 bucks I told you it's worth. Don't try and transfer any blame to me or inflate this situation into a possible physical altercation, you're the effin this and that guy that gets offended because his dream is just that, a dream. Sorry if you paid too much, or it's just not worth what you hoped, this happens to all of us. I've purchased mistakes in the past by unknowing sellers. The difference here is, YOU KNOW NOW!

Me again - And please, for the record, clarify exactly what you mean by " a big desert " I'm thinking this is an actual veiled threat. And just as my good intentions are recorded along with your rude and profane replies within the Ebay message system, I'd like these private emails to serve as a record as well just in case. So far, leather jacket talk has had absolutely nothing to do with threats, violence, or the vast desert we live in, just the reality of your misrepresented offering. So please explain the desert thing or take the opportunity to stop talking. It's probably in your best interest and I feel like I'm battling wits with an unarmed man at this point.

Phantomfixer

Well good for you guys for chasing him down..always heated seeing WWII A-2 for sale when it is a clone....on a lighter note..I did dig the AFN Europe patch all I had to listen to for 3.5 years at Ramstein...er besides my record collection that is..... :lol: