• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts? ID? on this jacket, I have the opportunity

a2jacketpatches

But I'd like to know more before pulling the trigger. I'm gussing the guy will drop a huge wish it price on me but I'd like to counter off with a little insight about the jacket. Looks like an A2 style with split back and the patches look legitimately older. The American Forces Network Europe only? Or is it possible a CBI Theater jacket considering the multi-piece leather patches. Sorry, best pics I can get right now but very interesting and out of the ordinary. Thanks in advance for any input.

dmar836

No liner, not a contract jacket, and not aviation related. Pretty limited audience for it IMO. You can't flip for much unless it's given to you.
JMO but I would likely pass.
Dave

CBI

I think its an old Avirex, they have used those patches before on their jackets

a2jacketpatches

Guess I did as well right off the bat but thought maybe? Anyway, sent the guy an Email all about it, I'll probably get nothing back or a denial.

oose

Defiantly Avirex A-2 Official War Photographer WWII leather flight jacket minus liner.

All the best
Stu

dmar836

Obvious as to why the "map" or tribute-style liner is missing.
Too bad, the human condition.
Dave

a2jacketpatches

I was just being honest and telling the guy what it was and it was the second time telling him. I said that I'm starting to think you are out to deceive. Here is his reply -

You can tell your forum buddies they are so full of shit its pathetic. I appreciate you trying to be an ass, but I have pictures of the gentleman I bought this jacket from and his English American Squadren in the god dam jacket. Dated Feb 22, 1944. I don't need nor will I prove anything to your dumb smart ass. So stop being a prick and fuck off.

If he has pictures of the original owner wearing the jacket in 1944, why doesn't he post them with the current jacket pics? That's a rhetorical question. Anyone who sends a message back like that, has D-bag written all over him.

a2jacketpatches

He's a D-bag alright. I contacted him in Ebay and he blocked me from contact, so I contacted him through my other account -

Hey! I've got a B&W and a Sepia setting on my camera. With my camera, your jacket and imagination, we could have a 1940's period looking photo of someone wearing your 1980's jacket and it would look the part. I even know a guy with a 1940's jeep you could sit in and pose as if you're looking up in the sky at your imaginary squadron flying by. But it'll cost ya, 3500- no wait.....1500-......no wait........1000-no wait............??????????? :lol:

dmar836

Not into escalating but that IS funny.
Dave
P.S. We could all leave complaints of "fake item" or whatever it is on eBay.