• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shanghai-Mayne

In case I didn’t post before.

IMG_3780.png
IMG_3781.png
IMG_3783.png
IMG_3782.png

ButteMT61

I bought a new Buzz Albert Turner MA-1 a couple months back. Using to build my "Dad's" jacket from the 1950's USAF.
It is a beautiful thing. And I always wondered how they called that a cold weather jacket as most MA-1's I've seen are pathetically thin. This thing is heavy, as in the middle wool insulation is heavy. Two layers of nylon inside/outside and very well made.
Only regret now is that I know JC (GW) could make me one. I'd rather have gone that route, but who knows, maybe I'll flip it.
And for anyone who cares, I'm a 48 (or 48L) and the XXXL fits nicely.
I will at some point take pics, just been far too busy to do so.

Shanghai-Mayne

I bought a new Buzz Albert Turner MA-1 a couple months back. Using to build my "Dad's" jacket from the 1950's USAF.
It is a beautiful thing. And I always wondered how they called that a cold weather jacket as most MA-1's I've seen are pathetically thin. This thing is heavy, as in the middle wool insulation is heavy. Two layers of nylon inside/outside and very well made.
Only regret now is that I know JC (GW) could make me one. I'd rather have gone that route, but who knows, maybe I'll flip it.
And for anyone who cares, I'm a 48 (or 48L) and the XXXL fits nicely.
I will at some point take pics, just been far too busy to do so.
I believe, JC gonna build much more accurate sleeves , it need a sort of tech to operate sewing machine.

Shanghai-Mayne

Is there a sizing difference with jacket made by ELC for example ? A 38 size is also a 38 at TMC or BR ?
A size 38 ELC’s A2, its chestmeansure equal to Size 40 Japanese brand A2.
Japanese made NyLon jacket (MA1 or L2A/B), usually have both U.S.A./Euro size and Asia/Japan size.

Best option is check detailed size chart.