• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This would go great with a flight jacket!!!!!!

Jaguar46

This is what my soon to be finished A2 jacket companion will look like.

oJXLfy.jpg

OpalescentGunmetal.jpg

Jaguar46

John Lever said:
Very pretty, I wonder how many BHP ?
3.8 ENGINE
Cubic capacity 3,781 cc, bore and stroke 87 mm x 106 mm, max power 265bhp at 5,500 rpm.
Max torque 260 lb ft at 4,000 rpm, compression ratio 9:1 (8:1 optional), cylinder head straight port.
Carburetors three 2 inch SU HD8

4.2 ENGINE
E type 4.2-Liter Series 1
ENGINE
Cubic capacity 4,235 cc, bore and stroke 92.07 mm x 106 mm, max power 265bhp at 5,400 rpm
Max torque 283 lb ft at 4,000 rpm, compression ratio 9:1 (8:1 optional), cylinder head straight port.
Carburetors three 2 inch SU HD8

The 1961 E-Type, when introduced at the Geneva Auto Show, was the fastest production car in existence, achieving 150 MPH in coupe form.

zoomer

Thanks for the tip on the Healey - 'cause I found this from the same seller:

b-w-4.jpg

1933 Ford wagon with '59 V-8

The dude types like a classic rodhead. Also into cykes, B-3/Leslie combos (not sheepskin-related), and get this:
He's changed the original steering wheel and front end wishbones "for that nostalgia look." :roll: :? :?: :!:

OK, maybe he has a point. Not a lot of people are nostalgic for 1933. Besides zoomer, that is.

Jaguar46

Andrew said:
This comes with a warning for lovers of classics, especially Jags. check out the number plate of the E Type. Starts at around 1:45.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p58PxiVV ... re=related

Painful to watch. And that rare Aston Martin DB4 roadster.

Anyone remember this scene from the 1971 The Vanishing Point, with Kowalski vs the cops, and this duel with a Jag E-type, at 1:19.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVRLZVFaysI

The E-type will celebrate its 50th anniversary next year, will be featured at Pebble Beach Concours in 2011. I am hopeful my car will be one of the featured cars. I am told 50 examples will be displayed.