• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THIS WEEKS PATCH 527th BOMB SQUADRON 8th AAF

A

Anonymous

Hi this week patch is the 527th bomb squadron all color tanned leather cut and sewn with the skull detail drawn in indian ink using a dip pen .The diameter is 5 inches and the leather is thin so it will move with the jacket ,the reverse is cotton backed .This type of patch is easier to do as it is not so busy and the stiching melts into the leather .Not so many Mighty 8th AAF patches were made this way another example would be the 44th BG the flying eight balls as seen in the ART OF THE FLIGHT JACKET PAGE 23 .This is my replication of the patch all factory color tanned leather
and indian ink on outline and eyes ,this patch is sold .

527TH BS
006-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

44TH BG

All the best JEFF

A

Anonymous

shedonwanna said:
Jeff,

Here is a popular layered 14th AF patch for you to try in a 4.5 to 5 inch size.

dec21039.jpg

Hi thanks for posting the picture and yes I should try making this one as I have never made a flying tiger one ,I am working on a jacket project for my self at the moment .Its something that I wanted to do for a long time ,its not WW2 but it will have artwork on the back and the service will be USMC with a Harrier MD AV8B .The donor jacket will be a CWU-36 not based on any actual jacket but a fantasy Cherry Point NC pilot jacket .Above and below the harrier it will read happiness is vectored thrust .I will post it once it is done ,thanks Jeff