• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is my guy

A

Anonymous

here's my guy

Feature_TalesGoldMonkey-med.jpg

bTob353aYlM.gif

Tail%20of%20the%20gold%20monkey.jpg

Would you like a jacket like his? I mean with the blood chit?

Chris217

Thats what got me into flight jackets as a kid was Tales of the Gold Monkey. I thought the blood chit on the back of Jake Cutters A-2 was sooo cool back then.

RCSignals

I read a while back that his jacket was actually made by 'Quartermaster' in California. I think in goatskin.
I don't think they still make them the same, but once in a while one shows up on eBay in 'new' condition.

grommet

Not to change the subject, but I bought a repro crusher labeled "Quartermaster, Long Beach, California" . It displays well but doesn't actually crush short of throwing it into a trash compacter. My interest piqued, I went to their current store but was disappointed to find that it is a standard uniform store (police etc) without any WW ll stuff.

RCSignals

They seem to have really reduced their offering, unless they only have certain things on the web site.
At one time they had a selection of WW2 type uniform items.

A

Anonymous

Have you been there? or just seen their site? What's their site?

A

Anonymous

speaking of blood chits, were the originals embroidered, or printed? Also what was the material? Leather? Cotton? Silk?

Anyone knows?

A

Anonymous

So what was the norm in WWII,
the blood chit was attached to the back of jacket
or sewn on the lining on one of the front panels?

442RCT

PLATON said:
So what was the norm in WWII,
the blood chit was attached to the back of jacket
or sewn on the lining on one of the front panels?

Here's a website that has a pretty good overview of Blood Chits.
http://cbi-theater-4.home.comcast.net/~cbi-theater-4/bloodchit/bloodchit.html

There's also a book out called,
Last Hope: The Blood Chit Story (Schiffer Military History) [Hardcover]

It happens to be on sale from Amazon:(only 3 copies left on sale, I just ordered one. ;)
http://www.amazon.com/Last-Hope-Schiffer-Military-History/dp/0764302221

A

Anonymous

Some silk chits were attached to the back, but didn't wear well, then leather. Chits ended up in the lining as they presented a nice target on the back from their buds the Japanese.

442RCT

Platon, if you're thinking of adding a "Jake Cutter" or "Gold Monkey" jacket to your line of Bill Kelso A-2s, no one makes a better leather blood chit than forum member a2jacketpatches.
http://cgi.ebay.com/U-S-Chinese-Fla...703?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb5059517

This is the 14th AAF version, (both US and Chinese flags), but he'll make the earlier AVG version, (Chinese flag only), for the Gold Monkey A-2 jacket.

I recommend that this be an add on option only, and not sewn on until a customer pays for the jacket. I've purchased a used Sefton jacket with a lesser quality blood chit pre-sewn on the back. Because of the blood chit, there were no other bidders. I bought the jacket because it was a Sefton, which don't come up for sale that often and patched the jacket with a2jacketpatches, CACW, CBI, and 14th AAF leather patches. If the Sefton had been un-blood chitted, it would have had more bidders.
384022192.jpg

After I patched it up.
cacw_02.jpg

dujardin

this is my blood chit made by Oscar (Atkins)
my first idea was to place it on the back of one of my jackets, but after i receive it; i found it so nice that i decide to make a frame.

2011_011520100430bis0015.jpg

2011_011520100430bis0017.jpg

2011_011520100430bis0016.jpg

2011_011520100430bis0018.jpg

the other patch

2011_011520100430bis0006.jpg

2011_011520100430bis0014.jpg

2011_011520100430bis0010.jpg

now that you speak about sewing a blood chit; this bring my first idea back in my head..........grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :lol:

byeeeeeeeeeeeee
marcel

442RCT

:D I have two A-2s with chits on the back. My CACW patched jacket, and my ATC patched jacket. In some ways sewing a blood chit on the back of a jacket is cheaper than having a pin-up girl painted on the back. ;) Also, I can actually wear the jacket in public without women giving me stink eye.... :shock: :roll: :p

atkins

442RCT said:
:D Also, I can actually wear the jacket in public without women giving me stink eye.... :shock: :roll: :p

Jay, You're lucky only women give stink eye there, here... everyone would give me the stink eye... :D