• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The wild one

A

Anonymous

There used to be a UK jacket maker who was making (among other things) a nice repro the classic biker perfecto jacket back in the 80s / early 90s.

The name of the company was 'NICE' and the label was black with golden letters.

Anyone knows if they are still around, or where those Nice biker jackets can be bought?

Thanks!

MikeyB-17

I had a Nice leather bike jacket a few years ago. Wasn't a bad jacket but nothing special, I picked it up cheap on Ebay (about £30 if memory serves me). It had a cuff zip which was stitched in too tight and didn't close properly. I sold it, but picked up another, similar bike jacket not long afterwards. I seldom wear them, they make me look pretty thuggish, but for some reason I like to have one in the wardrobe. You can pick them up on Ebay all the time, there's usually a few cheap bike jackets of that design. Not the same quality as something like an Aero or even a Schott, but perfectly wearable without breaking the bank.

A

Anonymous

I feel exactly the same way, need to have one in the closet.

I have tried a few here and there over the years and find that the Nice have the design I like,
I have seen one on ebay long time ago, but missed it.

They are very hard to find.

RCSignals

There is some controversy over the Marlon Brando jacket being a Perfecto. Schott was not the only maker to put stars on the epaulets, or to have a jacket in that general style. (Perfecto as a name covers different versions from Schott too)
There is a discussion on the film jackets forum pointing out some differences in the Perfecto and Brando jackets.