• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Real Mccoys Dubow 27798

ace1967 said:
Here's an update.
I held the collar under the tap and let i soak for a while.
while the collar being wet i rolled it up a few times .And let it dry in the sun.
Now it has got that more worn in look.
It's still the same old collar but looks way better now i.m.o..
With all it's inaccuracy's it is still a very good fitting and fine wearing jacket. Especially compared with my Aero real deal a2 wich fits like a patato sack.

7.jpg

8.jpg

Great effect "ACE1967!"

I like the look...I just received my RMNZ A-2 and noticed my collar wasn't as "curved" as yours--newer model, I guess. Have you thought about "THE FEW" A-2 line? These two "babies" just in. First pic, RMNZ Dubow, and the second, "THE FEW" line...Though the RMNZ Dubow is nice, "THE FEW" A-2 just surpasses the RMNZ in quality: subjective--

DSC00282.jpg

DSC00281.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

DSC00245.jpg

jacketimp

[
I like the look...I just received my RMNZ A-2 and noticed my collar wasn't as "curved" as yours--newer model, I guess. Have you thought about "THE FEW" A-2 line? These two "babies" just in. First pic, RMNZ Dubow, and the second, "THE FEW" line...Though the RMNZ Dubow is nice, "THE FEW" A-2 just surpasses the RMNZ in quality: subjective--

waht's the price differential?

Price difference--way expensive, but I believe well worth it; that is, if you can get your hands on "THE FEW."

THE FEW A-2...168,000 JPY= $1,523. U.S DOLLARS

RMNZ A-2...1300 NZD=$908. U.S. DOLLARS

jacketimp

PENSACOLA said:
Price difference--way expensive, but I believe well worth it; that is, if you can get your hands on "THE FEW."

you get what you pay.......the zip on the few is NOS?

jacketimp said:
PENSACOLA said:

...yes sir, it is...and I made sure when I was there...

This model I purchased was the "rugged" model, meaning heavy duty grain. Somehow, this jacket has similar elements of JC's HH A-2's, at least the AERO HH model I had--THE FEW A-2--model being heavier, sturdier than JC's A-2...Though I really like "THE FEW" A-2, I prefer JC's A-2's...

jacketimp

PENSACOLA said:
jacketimp said:
PENSACOLA said:

...yes sir, it is...and I made sure when I was there...

This model I purchased was the "rugged" model, meaning heavy duty grain. Somehow, this jacket has similar elements of JC's HH A-2's, at least the AERO HH model I had--THE FEW A-2--model being heavier, sturdier than JC's A-2...Though I really like "THE FEW" A-2, I prefer JC's A-2's...

being heavier, sturdier than JC's A-2???

...MEANING--if you can get your hands on one--THE FEW, go for it, and if you like it, but best bet, JC's the way to go--original to the "real thing."

More clarification: "HEAVIER/DURABLE"--HH too much for the jacket....but this is what I prefer...

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
PENSACOLA said:
...Though the RMNZ Dubow is nice, "THE FEW" A-2 just surpasses the RMNZ in quality: subjective--

THE FEW range offers a superb selection of hides, different thicknesses, colours, and finishes. Other than that, and the NOS zipper, do you see any other differences?

I too have jackets from both labels, just wondering what you meant by "surpasses in quality".

deeb7 said:
PENSACOLA said:
...Though the RMNZ Dubow is nice, "THE FEW" A-2 just surpasses the RMNZ in quality: subjective--

THE FEW range offers a superb selection of hides, different thicknesses, colours, and finishes. Other than that, and the NOS zipper, do you see any other differences?

I too have jackets from both labels, just wondering what you meant by "surpasses in quality".

Hi, "deeb7,"

I can only speak for the RMNZ Dubow in Russett I received, and comparing this with my "THE FEW" rugged A-2 that I also received...

My "THE FEW" A-2 seems to have more of an "authentic" skin, if you will, more of a natural look of a hide. Also, its thicker. The RMNZ Dubow I have seems more "rubbery," hide-wise, and almost as though there's a plastic sheen on its surface. However, these are new, and am looking to break both in...

So, this is the conclusion I had when I mentioned "surpasses in quality"--"THE FEW," I was told then, at the moment of sale, had a better quality of hide than RMNZ.

I'm sure you know best because you have dealt with these brands longer than I have. I just had an inclination to add to this post.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
PENSACOLA said:
I can only speak for the RMNZ Dubow in Russett I received, and comparing this with my "THE FEW" rugged A-2 that I also received...

Thanks Pensacola ....

Oh yes, unquestionably, The Few hides are just amazing, I have all the current samples here (thanks Bevan).

And I only just learned that the patterns also differ.

I like your rugged horsehide, here's the hide on my A-1, most unauthentic .... and just what I wanted. :)

DSC01654.jpg

deeb7 said:
PENSACOLA said:

Thanks Pensacola ....

Oh yes, unquestionably, The Few hides are just amazing, I have all the current samples here (thanks Bevan).

And I only just learned that the patterns also differ.

I like your rugged horsehide, here's the hide on my A-1, most unauthentic .... and just what I wanted. :)

DSC01654.jpg

That's quite nice there, "deeb7." I'm aware that you have a nice collection of RMNZ's and THE FEW from your posts--thanks for sharing...I'm about to get an A-1 as yours from THE FEW...I'll share the pics with you down the line when I receive it.

Take care, and thank you for the picture of your awesome A-1 and useful response.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
PENSACOLA said:
...I'm about to get an A-1 as yours from THE FEW...I'll share the pics with you down the line when I receive it.

Oh yes, pictures, great, I should take some more. If your A-1 is from the 2008/9 season, the colour is very slightly lighter, and the hide thinner ... 1.1 mm.

My avatar is more the true colour than the close-up. I've tried on the A-1 in the thinner hide, most comfortable.

A

Anonymous

PENSACOLA said:
wing nut said:
Wear it Saturday Night, fever.

Hey "Wing nut," did you ever buy your B-3 in Songtan?

Saturday Night Fever...

No, I e mailed him and he no longer makes that model. I like the avirex historical one.

"No, I e mailed him and he no longer makes that model. I like the avirex historical one."

Oh, no...anyway, you'll find better ones--Avirex Historical--seen that...looks good to go for this winter."