• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The B-3 on Fedora Lounge

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
There's a discussion on the hat forum, about authenticating a B-3 with this label ...

Type B-3
DWG. NO. 33H5595
A.C. ORDER NO. 43-13609-AF
SIZE 44R
PROPERTY
AIR FORCE, U.S. ARMY

Yes, yes ... its fine, I looked it up in FULL GEAR, no name, attributed to H BERNSTEIN'S.

Somebody please tell them ... it's easier than me joining. :)

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=33822

Peter Graham

Some of the discussions on that forum are quite surprising, like one a while back, something like ' What's the difference between an Irvin and a B-3'.

John Lever

deeb7 said:
There's a discussion on the hat forum, about authenticating a B-3 with this label ...

Type B-3
DWG. NO. 33H5595
SIZE 44R
PROPERTY
AIR FORCE, U.S. ARMY

Yes, yes ... its fine, I looked it up in FULL GEAR, no name, attributed to H BERNSTEIN'S.

Didn't realise you could read the posts if you weren't a member.

Burnsie

John Lever said:
Didn't realise you could read the posts if you weren't a member.

You can read almost anything on there, you just can't post. I think there's only a few sections you can't read if you're not a member but the Outerwear section isn't one of them!

siddhartha

Administrator
Peter Graham said:
Some of the discussions on that forum are quite surprising, like one a while back, something like ' What's the difference between an Irvin and a B-3'.

True, but keep in mind that is a hat forum, primarily. I wouldn't know the difference from one fedora to another.

Chris

Atticus

siddhartha said:
Peter Graham said:

True, but keep in mind that is a hat forum, primarily. I wouldn't know the difference from one fedora to another.

Chris

Bad Fedora:
HA1156-2T.jpg

Good Fedora:
JackiesTesters332.jpg

AF

hacker

Atticus said:
siddhartha said:
Peter Graham said:

Chris

Bad Fedora:
HA1156-2T.jpg

Good Fedora:
JackiesTesters332.jpg

AF

At the risk of going off topic, something I try to refrain from :oops: ......do you see mans hats such as fedoras ever returning en masse in our lifetime to the public scene?......I kinda miss them remembering the popularity when I was a kid. With my hair style I would be happy to see a return ;)

btw, did you get the first one from Steve?

John Lever

I remember seeing a photo of a ' God is nigh' type image that read Stop buying hats on ebay
Made me chuckle.

Atticus

hacker said:
At the risk of going off topic, something I try to refrain from :oops: ......do you see mans hats such as fedoras ever returning en masse in our lifetime to the public scene?......I kinda miss them remembering the popularity when I was a kid. With my hair style I would be happy to see a return ;)

btw, did you get the first one from Steve?

Hacker, I doubt hats will ever return en masse. Frankly, they are a pain in the ass to deal with. When you wear a hat to a restaurant or movie, there's usually no place to hang it---you've got to sit with it in your lap. Unless it fits tightly enough to give you a headache, it is prone to blowing off in the wind. You damn sure can't drive your Jeep with the doors out while wearing a hat. I found that out the hard way. It is often difficult to find a hat that fits. It often requires a long, uncomfortable "breaking in" in process.

For years I've worn a fedora of some sort when I was outdoors in the winter. You know---camping, hiking, fishing or whatever. A few years ago, my dermatologist suggested strongly that I begin wearing a hat in the summer, too. Otherwise, I wouldn't mess with a darned hat.

AF

jacketimp

With my hair style I would be happy to see a return ;)[/quote]

duane, waht's stopping yer............i can't see A2 en masse either.......

hacker

[quote="jacketimp"
duane, waht's stopping yer............i can't see A2 en masse either.......[/quote]

not much of a trend setter :ugeek:

Atticus

hacker said:
...not much of a trend setter :ugeek:

Not to worry, my friend. I've got you covered. I just picked up this little diddy fom a district court defendant and its just a tad small for me. It'll be on the way to Boulder this very afternoon.

And hey, don't worry about the cost. I'm just happy for you to have it!

pd-el-11132.jpg

Huggybear

hacker

Atticus said:
hacker said:
...not much of a trend setter :ugeek:

Not to worry, my friend. I've got you covered. I just picked up this little diddy fom a district court defendant and its just a tad small for me. It'll be on the way to Boulder this very afternoon.

And hey, don't worry about the cost. I'm just happy for you to have it!

pd-el-11132.jpg

Huggybear

You der man!..........do I get the glasses also?

.........(would rather have a pecan pie though ;) )

Stylin

Happy Hooligan

I wear a fedora mostly year round.

Beaver felt in the winter and straw in the summer..

But I do mix it up with a cap now and then... Caps are much easier to wear to dinner and movies as they scrunch up and fit in a pocket nicely...

Baron Kurtz

deeb7 said:

Type B-3
DWG. NO. 33H5595
SIZE 44R
PROPERTY
AIR FORCE, U.S. ARMY

I got this second hand through a Fedora Lounger. Many thanks for your help/confirmation. This jacket is well on the way to recovery. A little more TLC and it'll be a potentially wearable (though with care) B-3.

bk