• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The B-15 for 85 clams

a2jacketpatches

It fits my tiny Thai wife with a little extra room making her look a bit puffy, she's actually quite fit and pretty hot ;) After taking it out in the daylight, all of the imperfections came out. Lots of little marks (character) from being bumped around for all these years, but look how clean the inside pockets are, the courderoy insides of the slash pockets are just as clean. Tells me this was hardly if ever used. There is also that rusty color that typically settles on the shoulders when hanging for so long, but this jacket has not been shaped by hanging. It smells like anything else fresh from a closet, no musty odor or smeel of smoke. You'd swear this is a newer jacket.
B-15016.jpg

B-15015.jpg

B-15014.jpg

B-15013.jpg

B-15012.jpg

B-15011.jpg

B-15010.jpg

B-15009.jpg

B-15008.jpg

B-15007.jpg

B-15006.jpg

B-15005.jpg

B-15004.jpg

B-15003.jpg

B-15002.jpg

B-15001.jpg

a2jacketpatches

Here's the other items found in the house, lots of post war issued medals 40 bucks each, and some newspaper clippings in a scrapbook for 50- Guess I got stuck with the junk, all for 140- Love it when people know more than I do, just let em keep talkin. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Otherdoodads007.jpg

Otherdoodads008.jpg

Otherdoodads005.jpg

And a Navy pilot grouping from earlier this week, lots of other small stuff, but this is the cherry pickings. He served in the Air Force as well during the Korean War.
Otherdoodads004.jpg

Otherdoodads002.jpg

Otherdoodads001.jpg

Atticus

Hot damn...ain't I glad I told you not to depend on my opinion about it being one of those Army-Navy store repros! Great score!

AF

a2jacketpatches

a2jacketpatches said:
Here's the other items found in the house, lots of post war issued medals 40 bucks each, and some newspaper clippings in a scrapbook for 50- Guess I got stuck with the junk, all for 140- Love it when people know more than I do, just let em keep talkin. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This comment was for all the experts at the sale, glad they were focused on the expensive stuff. I probably will flip it on Ebay as I plan on moving soon and need as much cash as possible, but considering a dry cleaning first, thoughts on that?

TankBuster

Great jacket. Leave it as is. Don't dry clean it.

The chit and observer wing are nice as well, but what I find very interesting is the Naval Aviator ribbon bars in the mix. I'm curious how they got there? A well decorated pilot as well.

DFC with gold Star

Bronze Star

Air Medal with 2 gold stars

That ribbon bar will sell for a decent amount as well. Nice find!!

a2jacketpatches

TankBuster said:
Great jacket. Leave it as is. Don't dry clean it.

The chit and observer wing are nice as well, but what I find very interesting is the Naval Aviator ribbon bars in the mix. I'm curious how they got there? A well decorated pilot as well.

DFC with gold Star

Bronze Star

Air Medal with 2 gold stars

That ribbon bar will sell for a decent amount as well. Nice find!!
Just above the chit photo is a description of the items. I actually found this group earlier in the week, The guy was a Naval Aviator during WW2 and also served in the Air Force. There was a nice L-2B but the guy wanted too much for it. So the B-15, observer wing, and AR-15 upper were one guy, and the map, chit, AF wings and ribbons, were another guy. Today, scored a huge lot from the estate of a CBI P-47 Pilot, in another post.