• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The $500 Good Wear

STEVE S.

i think clothing faces a double edged sword. besides fluctuating with the economy, prices on vintage clothing also hinges on the person who can wear that size being in the market for the item with expendable cash all at the same time. it just has to hit the "perfect storm" so to say. i've passed on numerous items lately that had a great price, but wouldn't fit me.

Skyhawk

It's the color for me. I was watching that one and it was my size, but the seal color. I have so many seal jackets with all the G-1s I own that I want something different in an A2. Like Russet. I saw a Eastman roughwear in my size go for under $310 a week ago. I was outbid, but with the seal color I wasn't willing to go higher.

a2jacketpatches

Skyhawk said:
It's the color for me. I was watching that one and it was my size, but the seal color. I have so many seal jackets with all the G-1s I own that I want something different in an A2. Like Russet. I saw a Eastman roughwear in my size go for under $310 a week ago. I was outbid, but with the seal color I wasn't willing to go higher.

Looks very much like russet from here.

CBI

if its an earlier GW, then $500 might be close to the original selling price. Remember when they were $650 new??? Remember when all of the test jackets were $350???? Times are changing! John has done so well with all of this................

ButteMT61

ausreenactor said:
Great looking early GW with an accurate period look. Nobody wanted it?
Couchy

Well, 9 people wanted it. The market is flat. Sure, the makers all still have queues, but you can look around and see purchases are less common - at least in the forums...

DiamondDave

Actually held its value quite well.

This jacket was sold some years ago as a test jacket. For the rate of 550, as it had a slight tear beginning in the base of the zippers female side. Apparently said zip is still going strong. This was John's first foray into horsehide from Shinki and this particular jackets leather was hand carried by JC through customs, back from Japan.

All told I think a 50 dollar loss is pretty stellar. Though I'm sure the seller hoped it would garner the price of a GW today. It seems it did not.

DD

ausreenactor

ButteMT61 said:
ausreenactor said:
Couchy

Well, 9 people wanted it. The market is flat. Sure, the makers all still have queues, but you can look around and see purchases are less common - at least in the forums...

Seven gave up well under $400, and my bid was because my eBay watch list was full. The under bidder was probably a shill pushing it up...

Poor old Ray has been trying to move this bad boy for a while.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271826225397 ... EBIDX%3AIT

The thing is that there are not even lowballer offers on jackets, in case they get accepted. :(

DiamondDave

ausreenactor said:
ButteMT61 said:
ausreenactor said:
Couchy

Seven gave up well under $400, and my bid was because my eBay watch list was full. The under bidder was probably a shill pushing it up...

Poor old Ray has been trying to move this bad boy for a while.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271826225397 ... EBIDX%3AIT

The thing is that there are not even lowballer offers on jackets, in case they get accepted. :(

Hmm. So, much like this poor guy who can't get shed of this "Arco" jacket. Good point.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=141629590777

CBI

well, with all the BK basing that has gone on, I must say this jacket looks pretty damn good!!! yep, stitch holes destroy the value.

ausreenactor

CBI said:
well, with all the BK basing that has gone on, I must say this jacket looks pretty damn good!!! yep, stitch holes destroy the value.

$450 at best... 'Tell him he's dreamin' comes to mind. The shoulder patches would be easy to reattach; however, the blood chit is a bold statement for any jacket.

There are a number of jackets, albeit in smaller sizes, that are very reasonably priced on the seller's page. Once again none even have a declined offer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BUZZ-RICKSON-US ... 20f73596bf

This one would be sold today for $500+ on Yahoo Japan.

Here are two Bill Kelso Relic Hunters. Seller A has a low start price and has attracted a bid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Indiana-Jones-R ... 2c991d7a6b

Here is a 34 priced very high and only has two watchers. Probably based on size alone; however, this will be up on the auction block for a while.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Indiana-Jones-J ... 27fcda4b71

This BK A-1, which looks really good, has been dropped down to $800 from $950 BIN option. No offer option selected. Seller mentioned in FL posts that he
had an offer around this mark?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reproduction-A1 ... 33a0149253

It is across the board in my opinion. I had to start my BR 37J1 at $79.99 and then see if two guys liked it. Thanks to the exchange rate I turned USD$300 into AUD$440.

Certainly time to use forums to take the fees out of the equation.

ausreenactor

ButteMT61 said:
This thread is a case study for passive-aggressive disorder. Carry on... :roll:

You will get over it though. It has become very predictable when you will chime in and prolong that pattern of worship. ;)

ButteMT61

ausreenactor said:
ButteMT61 said:

You will get over it though. It has become very predictable when you will chime in and prolong that pattern of worship. ;)

pot-kettle-black.jpg

ausreenactor

Commenting on a flat market, which you can see from many posts recently. If you stopped by more often and interacted in any threads that did not feature GW (based on every post since 20 Mar at least) in the heading you many have noticed that. ;)

ausreenactor

ButteMT61 said:
ausreenactor said:
ButteMT61 said:

pot-kettle-black.jpg

Racist? I am offended. If you had a jacket company I would demand a 50% discount. ;)

DiamondDave

CBI said:

I wish that I could tell the entire story of WHY BK has been banished, but suffice to say if you knew the entire story, including fraudulent claims, cyber stalking and worse, you would see that both forums were completely justified and that the bashing definitely started with Platon/Falzon and not the rest of us.

Suffice to say, if there is a perfect example of "biting the hand that feeds you", this situation was it!

Enough said, and now back to your regularly scheduled Diamond/Good Wear bashing.

CBI

Dave - yes, I am aware of many of the BK details. The jacket still looks very good.

Members online

Latest posts