• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks To VLJ

Atticus

I'm not trying to get all warm and fuzzy here, and I don't want anybody's cell number, but it struck me that I owe a sincere thanks to this forum.

For quite some time---several years, actually--- I have been wanting to buy an old M-65 in size XL and a solid B or C series G-1 in size 48. I'm happy to say that I now have both of them. Had I not been a member of this forum, I would still be looking.

I bought Clark's size 48, 1967 Star G-1 and I am as happy as a pig in shit with it. It has great leather, a great mouton collar and a fantastic original patch to boot. And best of all, it fits my fat self.

And Peter found me a 1970 M-65 in perfect condition. In fact, up until now I don't think it has ever been worn. But starting this fall it damn sure will be---y'all can count on it.

So, thanks to VLJ. Now don't be PMing me and tellin' me your astrological sign, but just know that I appreciate y'all.

AF

Weasel_Loader

It's funny you started this thread, because I've often thought of the same thing. All my best jackets and accessories have come from people right here at VLJ. I only have one jacket that I'm really happy to have that did not come from someone here at VLJ and that's my near mint 1960 N-3B that I snagged last year on ebay.

My thanks to all those that have provided me with jackets through trades, sales and give-aways!!! You guys rock!!!
grouphug.gif

Peter Graham

Yup, my two best definite keepers came with the help of VLJ members. My B-10 with the help of T Bolt and my AN-J-3A from the now departed Chris Bennett. And thanks also to members for various heads up regarding jackets on ebay. You are all a great bunch and I feel sad that I'll probably never meet any of you.

A

Anonymous

Two of my favorites are from forum members also. God knows Chapman must love this sight.

bfrench

Administrator
Hi, Folks,

My thanks are not for the jackets - I'm a little on the large size and an original would never fit at the price I wanted to pay - and I'd already had a couple of Flight Suits - so basically I was set up.

My thanks are to the many people I've met through this forum and for the jacket education I've received and that is still ongoing.

Many thanks to all of you.

Bill French

spitfire

my thanks go out to everyone who has written and supplied photos,clarifying the differences between an original jacket and a reproduction jacket.also,thank you for replying to trivial threads ( like my custom G1 sheepskin jacket thread ),where it was discovered i had bought a LL Bean jacket,and it eventually highlighted what an LL Bean G1 looked like for everyone.
A special thank you goes to Andrew ( roughwear ),without whos kind consideration,i would have bought a fake dodgy irvin jacket,masquerading as a war time irvin jacket,and all his invaluable help with identification,especially with all the pictures he has taken and posted,for visual clarification.