• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tanker Jacket- Second Pattern - At The Front

dujardin

cool jacket

just one remark
maybe i'm wrong
aren't those slash pockets placed too high ?

Dr H

The position looks similar to my old BR Tanker.
They function well as handwarmers at this height.

CBI

yep, I bought mine for something like that and got free shipping as part of the order. Probably the best jacket for the price out there.

dujardin

yeppp you're right

i had a bad memory

i just took a look on original photo, pockets on the repro are at the right place

sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :oops:

Peter Graham

Really nice trim fit but they make the classic tanker repro mistake of running the zipper to the top of the knit collar.

ausreenactor

I have an ATF Tanker with a 4th Ranger tab and SSGT rank. It is a great re-enactor jacket for the price and when the specials bring the price down and the value up you are crazy not to buy. Sadly, US$70 to ship any jacket from ATF makes it an expensive purchase. I can spend a bit more and get a good used BR... I had to pull out my 44R for some pics the other day. Tankers are COOL! So are 37J1s. BR in a 44 and the RM Zielinski in a 46 BNIB....

CBI

Peter - you are correct in re the zip but not only do I not mind, it tends to keep the collar up a bit more which I prefer.

dmar836

Thought I might grab one on sale but all are gone. I did get caught reading the ATF "Hate Mail" section which, though funny, reminds me why I don't even as a hobby go into the repro business. I attract such people.
Dave

CBI

yes, the rants on the site are strange but I have always had good interaction with the ATF folks.

a2jacketpatches

Couldn't find anything labeled "Hate Mail" but the About Us page is great! The perfect place to send whiners and nitpickers. It should be required and there should be a check box at the bottom of that page to accept and agree before being allowed to proceed.