Talking about painted repro's...Are you kidding me?

Discussion in 'eBay / Auction Talk' started by B-Man2, Dec 3, 2017.

1. B-Man2

B-Man2 Active Member

2. David Jones

David Jones New Member

It is still hard for me as a newbie to see what is what in those small photos 0n the bay. Thanks for the insight1

3. Roughwear

Roughwear Well-Known Member

Hahaha! All the jackets sold from this dealer, original or repro like this one, are overpriced by several hundred percent!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  4. Tenfifteen

Tenfifteen Member

"Japanese Anthique trading" -- What else -- :D :D
    The only place in the world where you can find mid 70's G1 up to 1500$ !!!!!!!!!!

5. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

6. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Active Member

simply ridiculous ...

or maybe the seller means jap-yen rather then USD?????

7. B-Man2

B-Man2 Active Member

Well.... I thought you might be right, so I clicked on the 'Buy it now ' which then changes to a "confirm" your purchase page and it was in US dollars.:eek:

8. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

Saying that there's one born every minute and the seller is no doubt banking on one of said saps with too much money and bugger all sense turning up and buying it!

I've mentioned the following on here before but it's so good it deserves repeating...

I remember quite a few years back trawling through FleaBay and finding advertised a Sopwith Camel joystick only to discover that the photos showed a rather handsome wooden chair leg, yes you heard right, a wooden chair leg, antique perhaps but about as likely to be found in a Sopwith Camel as a giraffe. Worryingly some silly sod had put a bid on it, but then perhaps he was after an antique chair leg.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  9. David Jones

David Jones New Member

These jackets at that price are indeed quite amusing. They say that some things are only worth what someone will pay for them. Maybe someone will buy these.

The Real McCoy's are out of my price range, painted or not.

:)

10. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Active Member

Yep rather amusing but i think you hit the nail with that comment "there is one born every minute..." - at least if i would be about to spend some thousand bucks i'd do some quick market research before on eBay or Google

Well finally also for me RMC stuff is outta what i'd pay for some garment

11. David Jones

David Jones New Member

I bet normal RMC (unpainted $45k) jackets are really cool. Just can't do it. I think that $3k+ is amusing as well.