• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swap Meet Cherries

a2jacketpatches

Here's a few items from the Swap Meet this morning, The place is loaded with crap like mall bomber jackets, used toys, and crappy jewelry. But here what happens when you sift through it all for a couple of hours. The 53rd TCS has quite the history including D-Day, Market Garden, and up til 1948 in the Berlin Airlift. The A-11 Clock isn't working but hey, it's an A-11 Clock. The Good Conduct is named and the Air Medal is not, and the 45th ID is a repop come to find out but the little Mexican sweetheart gave it to me for nuthin. Oh, and the rabbits feet are almost certainly from the 40's as all the coins and bowling patches in the same cigar box were dated as such, they'll make great zipper pulls.

TankBuster

Nice looking cockpit clock! Is it AAF marked on the back of the case?
If so, you will have guys pay a decent price for parts.

a2jacketpatches

It is marked A.C. U.S. Army on the front, no markings on the back. Not much interest here though except you so thanks for that. Heading back out to the Swap meet now. So maybe I'll snap a few photos of some mall bomber jackets, that should generate some interest here. :lol:

Phantomfixer

Whats up with the clock?? sometimes just twisting the entire clock/shaking it gets the spring unbound...like an old wrist watch....worked many a time for me on the flightline...then again sometimes not..good luck with it though...selling it???

a2jacketpatches

Not sure what's wrong, but it's wound up tighter than a bulls azz. I imagine someone else has messed with it and I'm a little afraid of screwing it up even more. It's 1941 dated and the guy told me his Dad flew P-40's during WW2 so I'm guessing it's probably out of one. Hoping he shows next week with some patches and other items. I may sell it at some point but like looking at it for now on my desk.

Phantomfixer

keep shaking it if wound too tight she might free up..if shaken and the second hand sweeps and stops...keep it up after about 5 minutes of working it should free up..or not...but have saved several doing this...

enjoy

a2jacketpatches

Thanks buddy, I shook it for ten seconds and the seconds hand fell off. :lol: OH well, selling for parts nowWhat do you think it's worth? It's not maker marked, all it says is -

8 DAY
A.C. U.S. Army
TYPE A-11
SER NO. AC-41-10696

* DAY is imprinted and white paint, the rest is just imprinted and black like the rest of the face.

Phantomfixer

:oops: :oops: :oops: dang...A-13s broken go for 50 ball park...working 130 and up on average...the A-11 broken??? at least 50....I think it can be saved....on ebay who knows when a bidding war starts....