• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super sale in the morning!

a2jacketpatches

Just thought I'd throw this out there as I won't be able to go, important obligations in the morning. Hopefully, someone else in S California will be able to rescue this guys history from being distributed across the world. I know everyone here is not completely in agreement with how I do things as far as "flipping" certain items, of which I assure you is only to make these rescues possibly as opposed to the "quick buck"

But I can almost guarantee that his dog tags, uniforms, paperwork, helmets, patches, and everything insignificant to significant, named or unnamed, will end up in a different place. This is unless a guy like me is waiting in line at 4AM, with a pocket full of cash, quick enough and knowledgeable enough to grab what is important enough to keep this vet alive in history.

http://www.estatesales.net/estate-sales/343581.aspx

a2jacketpatches

Yeah, and from experience, I can say that what you see is only half of it. I won't sleep well tonight knowing that I'm gonna miss this. Hoping someone on this forum can get to it before all of the vultures.

ButteMT61

Going through those pics, it makes me sad. That's your life right there. You go and then it's just a room of "stuff". :(

Persimmon

a2jacketpatches said:
Yeah, and from experience, I can say that what you see is only half of it. I won't sleep well tonight knowing that I'm gonna miss this. Hoping someone on this forum can get to it before all of the vultures.

No chance of moving those important obligations you mention given your sleepless night ahead ?

unclegrumpy

I agree with Alan! I can see some of the prices, and while not cheap, they are definitely fair.

What I can't see is if the guy's Silver Star is there....it should be named and numbered.....with all that other stuff, that would make for a very nice WW I group!

ButteMT61

a2jacketpatches said:

You mean "other vultures", not the ones here...

a2jacketpatches

Wish I could move the obligations aside, all about medical issues and my wife, not in danger just has to be done in a timely manner.

What I mean by vultures, is there will be a huge amount of people with 20 bucks looking for a cheap price on something to flip. This is the crowd that'll distribute this guys stuff everywhere. I know who will be there, and that is what will happen in the morning.

The last time I saw a group like this, I grabbed everything that could possibly tell the guys story with full intentions of ATM trip if I ran out of money. I sold a few items, extra crusher cap, a single moth eaten uniform shirt, first aid carlisle kit, and a few other items with no name written in order to get some money back. The items that were named and in good condition were sold as a group. I consider this respect for the history as opposed to being a vulture. Since buying the entire estate to keep everything from skivies to nuts and bolts from the garage is impossible for most people, I like to think I'm an honorable guy that just has to make sense in what I do.

ButteMT61

I was half-joing. I know what you mean. It reminds me of a few family member's homes after they passed. I have a hard time these days seeing those scenes whereas I would have gone there in a second when I was younger. Even with good intent, I still feel somewhat odd rifling through someone's life. I'll just leave that to others now.

unclegrumpy

What is always sad is that the estate people do not group more things together. In this case, the WW I stuff should really be sold as one large grouping.

a2jacketpatches

It should be the norm to keep a group together, especially named items and / or uniform. Almost got the go a little while ago, but the wife only handed me a C note and that's not gonna cut it ( it'll cost 40 bucks to and from ). Just bought another truck and the 1 week new shop is in order now. I have to consider the bread n butter before any goodies this week.

a2jacketpatches

ButteMT61 said:
I was half-joing. I know what you mean. It reminds me of a few family member's homes after they passed. I have a hard time these days seeing those scenes whereas I would have gone there in a second when I was younger. Even with good intent, I still feel somewhat odd rifling through someone's life. I'll just leave that to others now.

Understood, a lot of people feel that way, and I didn't take offense to your comments at all. But some people look down on the middle man that does rifle through the stuff. And on the other hand, don't mind paying for and owning original items in the end. Essentially, these are the people that create a market for vultures and they refuse to realize it. Who here hasn't bought a single item at a time? At some point everything was part of a group.