• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super nice patched Doniger A-2

MikeyB-17

Blimey. My first thought was that it was a repro with old patches, but on close examination there's stuff there I think you'd struggle to fake, like the paper label in the pocket. I admit the fantastic condition makes it look too good to be true, especially the label and the lining.

Peter Graham

Didn't mean any disrespect. It just seemed too nice to be true. If I'd known where it was from I'd never have questioned it.

Roughwear

Most of the Donigers I have owned have been in extremely well preserved condition. Doniger used exceptionally fine goatskin unlike Spiewak and Cable. Vic's jacket is 100% genuine and sold for a fair price.

Silver Surfer

as andrew wrote, "doniger used exceptionally fine goatskin", thus for the most part, existing [very few] examples tend to be in way above average condition. i have had four donigers, and sold all but this one....til now. interestingly, each and every one of them have found homes in top of the line collections, as did this one. and, as with all of the original a-2s in my collection,, the doni is in every day wearable condition.

Roughwear

I agree with your assessment Vic. I have owned five Donigers and they have all be in great condition. I currently have two, an airborne one in a size 42 with the no name label and another in a size 44.

MikeyB-17

I didn't realise it was Vic's jacket either. I wasn't suggesting it was fake, just that it was in such good condition that one could easily take it for a repro. Again, no disrespect intended.