• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

suggestions for storing sheepskin?

sg1011

I bought my first sheepskin jacket (ELC B-3) and was wondering what everyone uses to store them? Flat plastic bins, cedar drawers, Eastman cardboard drawers? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to leather jackets.

Thanks

John Lever

Steve
I keep my jackets in zip up moth proof breathable bags . I lie these flat on shelves in my wardrobe.
Don't use a hanger on old soft shell sheepskins they can stretch.

MikeyB-17

I use my ELC AN-6505 kit bag, with some cedar chips to keep the moffs at bay. Admittedly AN-6505's are getting a bit steep at ELC these days, but you can get cheaper canvas kit/tool bags fairly easily.

sg1011

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to see what I can find locally. I bought cedar balls the other day, now I just have to get some type of high quality bag to store the jacket in. I thought about buying a plastic container for it, but those containers sometimes have strong, unpleasant smells.

Falcon_52

I store my sheepskin jackets in a large zip-up cotton bag and then lay it flat in the bottom of my closet (sort of like John Lever suggested). I would definitely steer away from plastic containers if storing over a hot, humid summer. The leather will likely get moldy over time.

Anything that's breathable such as wood, leather, or cotton should work fine.

Noel