Stretching your jacket up a size

Discussion in 'How To Info' started by sealbeachbum, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Zmit

Zmit New Member

No no no....I tried this method, I hung all day like a monkey. Not worked.
    Hands stretch together with the jackets sleeves!!!! And the sleeve is still short in relation to the arm - they are the same stretched out.
    After this I have very long arms and coulde use captan control yoke from mine FO seat, but problem of lenghing sleeves was not solved.
    So I had to ask more experienced people here.

2. zoomer

zoomer Well-Known Member

I began to, uh, outgrow my ELC '33 Werber so I immersed the lower half of the body in tap-hot water and wore it for half a day. Results good - I could even blouse the waist a little!

Then I gained 5 lb in 3 months! The gods look down and laugh.

3. zoomer

zoomer Well-Known Member

Is there a professional jacket stretching service anyone knows about? Like for shoes? It might get better results to do things like lengthening sleeves or body, or expanding a collar, by machine. If there is such a machine.

4. Blackcat1369

Blackcat1369 New Member

Hello, came across this forum searching this exact topic! I have an older padded cafe racer that has gotten a bit too tight in the shoulders and armpits. Anybody have any tips for getting the maximum stretch in those areas?
    Thanks!

5. Greg Gale

Greg Gale Well-Known Member

Don't do anything, just wear the shit out of it. Maybe go sleep in it. Wear it with a thick sweater. Do some exercises, move around, drive. It will stretch eventually. Just be patient. I've had my A-2 for more than half a year. It was interesting to compare it with a new one this weekend, mine had much more shoulder room.

Brettafett likes this.
  6. Dr H

Dr H Well-Known Member

I've never heard the term 'isophoric alcohol' before (as an organic chemist) - it seems to be bandied around on different fora on the internet, but I imagine that isopropyl alcohol (2-propanol) is probably what is being described.

7. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

add some ice, a little lemon juice to the tequila, and the shoes and or jacket will taste great,,,, and get ya bent.