• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, does this mean JC will do a 1933 Werber Repro?

zhz44

I found JC put a 1933 Werber label on his website, so, I guess he will do a repro of this contract?

1933_Werber_Label.jpg

Roughwear

I can see now where Gary Eastman's second Werber went! I wish John luck with reproducing what is for me my favourite ELC repro.

sloan1874

Hmm, this may affect my choice when my turn comes around next year. At the moment, it's a Dubow of some flavour, but this is interesting...

Skip

Yep, I had an order in a while ago for 36, as GW didn't do 33's back then but John showed me some details a month ago and a 33 it will be. The original did infact come from Eastman.

airfrogusmc

Wasn't the 33 that Eastman had was the same one Paul Sanders (old member here) before Eastman had it?

2BM2K

Both Good Wears and the Eastman are good looking jackets but as to accuracy I have no idea.
These are rare jackets, I have only seen photo's of 'two survivors and have never seen one in the flesh.

There are period photo's from circa 1934 such as this one;

royce2.jpg

Roughwear

I notice that some originals had nickel snaps and nickel zip reinforcing studs whilst others had blackened ones like the one in the Eastman collection.

jschare

Soooooooo... The 1933 Werber in size 40 that is posted on the Good Wear site is mine. I just got it yesterday so haven't had much of a chance to wear it besides try it on. Here are some pics I snapped quickly before the wife finds out I bought another one... :-O It's a beautiful jacket; very well made as always. As for the debate on accuracy, I would say it's very accurate as John told me he took one apart and traced the pieces.

Last edited:

Falcon_52

That size 46 looks pretty right on. Great stuff...this Werber is my favorite and I'm not really an A-2 fan. My Eastman version is going on 10 years old and is still fun to wear. Kudos to John for giving this pattern a try.

Noel