• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SNEAK PEAK - The A-1 Racer - Black Capeskin Civie A-1- Headwind Mfg Co

Skyhawk

Fresh off the stitching tables yesterday! The black capeskin is quite thick at about 3.5 oz. Unique features include, 100% cotton sateen Scarlet red liner, 100% wool knits, an inside breast pocket, and a unique new collar design. The buttons are black antique style wide rimmed buttons. The jacket will be listed next week on the site. Price $649

The A-1 Racer:

Regards,
Jay

Skyhawk

More detailed photos to come this week. The back is identical to the A-1 / 2-piece back.

Skyhawk

Here are some more shots of the first test jacket. It came out nice with only a few minor adjustments to make. I really like how the collar turned out! This hide on this one is a thick 3.5oz Capeskin. This jacket will also be available in 3oz black goatskin. There will also be options to choose from like knit color, Black, Olive, Tan, Seal, Red Brick, Med brown, and various button options as well.

Regards,
Jay

Skyhawk

Thanks! The snaps are black as are all the buttons and 100% cotton black thread. The snaps are hard to photograph and get the color to show because of the mirror effect of the gloss black. I should be able to control that more in the upcoming photo shoot for the site, these were just quickie outdoor shots. I am also having a 3oz black goatskin test jacket built. The goat hide is nice. a bit more of a dull finish and lots of graining.