• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Snapped or unsnapped?

ties70

Chandler said:

Chandler

Impy's right -- it doesn't matter and often depends on many different factors.

Snapped looks much sharper!
And yes, it depends on factors, mainly on the pattern of the jacket. My AERO RD has a small collar and the snapped jacket strangles me...my GW NoName 27753 has a larger collar that is less restrictive and can be worn with the buttons snapped.

Ties

Burnsie

Unsnapped. The most devil may care guys in the old pics were unsnapped. But then alot of them had the collars UP too. So....collar up or down?
I'm a collar down man. No explanation necessary.

Jason

For me, it depends on the jacket. Usually unsnapped, but for my smaller original Perry, and my recently arrived GW Perry - I think snapped looks better. And without exception collar down.

fleet16b

Hacker

We had a good flight home, nomechanical or weather issues.
All together, there and back we had 12 legs at approx 2 hrs each.
My 2003 ELC 1401 now has over 300 flight hours on it.

It was great hooking up with you.
I f possible send n a copy of the pics you took

thanks

fleet6b

hacker

fleet16b said:
Hacker

We had a good flight home, nomechanical or weather issues.
All together, there and back we had 12 legs at approx 2 hrs each.
My 2003 ELC 1401 now has over 300 flight hours on it.

It was great hooking up with you.
I f possible send n a copy of the pics you took

thanks

fleet6b

PM your e-mail address and I'll send what I've got. Sad to say I left my camera at the house we stayed at the next day and didn't get to many more :(

DR

rich

This fella thinks they should be snapped.......

bill_clinton_2.jpg

catinhat95

Unsnapped. I think collar up looks real cool but I dont think I pull it off too well. Collar down unless your James Dean or Elvis or Evil Kineval or Marlon Brando etc.........

Burnsie

catinhat95 said:
Unsnapped. I think collar up looks real cool but I dont think I pull it off too well. Collar down unless your James Dean or Elvis or Evil Kineval or Marlon Brando etc.........
Couldn't those guys have worn just about anything and still been cool?

Chandler

Burnsie said:
Couldn't those guys have worn just about anything and still been cool?

Well, they all hit a wall that ended their "coolness," Dean's more literal than the rest.

Chandler