• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Size 40 or size 42??

Skip

I'm new in town, and need to enquire from your infinite wisdom on sizing.

Am looking at buying an aero ANJ-3. I sent my sizes, slim build, 39 chest, 6' 1'' tall and the reply from ken was a size 40 with an inch longer in the sleeves, he also suggested if you want a looser fit go for a 42. as I want the option of wearing a sweater underneath and still be comfortable, how much larger is an aero 42?

As I've learnt some jacket makers like Gibson and Barnes, US Wings etc there sizes are slightly more 'fuller' I think the term is blousey?

All suggestions welcome...

Skip

Jeff M

Really depends on the jacket design and the manufacturer.
I have a couple of Aero jackets....Highwayman, Half-Belt, Bootlegger.
When I contacted Aero to discuss sizing, it was recommended I go with my normal chest size (44). The jackets are all comfortable...could fit a slim sweater underneath.
When I ordered an A2 from them, they again recommended a size 44.
It was skin tight...uncomfortably so. I returned it and got a size 46, that fits very well.

Best to be a bit on the large size than on the small.
If their ANJ-3 is bult similar to their A2's...ie, slim "military" sizing, I'd think a size 42 would be the way to go.

Skip

Thanks Jeff

I posted this question some time ago, not fully understanding military fit from a repro point of view, as people on this forum will know it varies in fit and auth from maker to maker.

I did order a 42, but have lost weight and after talking with Ken changed to a 40 as the measurements still gave room for a thick sweater underneath. I Have an original m422 size 40 and the fit is perfect so if it's close to the original or slightly bigger I'll be happy